These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD 500 Advice
by sturge on 2013-02-01 09:50:34

Ok, I am running a Joyo US Dream, Joyo Voodoo Octave Fuzz, and a Box of Rock along with my Pod HD. 

Signal is guitar > Relay GS 30 Wireless > Octave Fuzz > Pod HD 500 input > Loop (US DReam and Box of ROck) > back to Pod and then out to input of a Dr. Z Route 66 clone.  I also am running a second expression pedal (Ernie Ball Vol. Jr.)

My question is, do I find a pedal board large enough to hold all of this or do I leave the POD HD alone and connect a smaller board with the other pedals to it?

A large board would be heavier and harder to carry and also be a pain to use the POD HD stand alone.  However, a large board would make it easier to wire and make setup/teardown quicker. 

What would you do?  Please recommend a board maker/size to back up your opinion. 

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Pod HD 500 Advice
by BlueViolince on 2013-02-01 10:55:11

I used to have a pedaltrain pro, and I initially put the HD500 on it in place of pedals I no longer needed.  Then I realized how silly it was for me to be lugging that tombstone around, so I traded it in for a pedaltrain junior(or whatever the one is that's under half the size).  Much easier to carry around, and I fit everything in a gym bag instead of a 75lb road case.  Of course, I eventually retired almost all of my stompboxes, so I'm down to the HD500 and a Magicstomp in the fx loop; no pedalboard needed.  I really only use one effect on that one 95% of the time, so I never even have to touch it.  Just have to hit FS1 to pull the loop in or out.  All of my patch cables are velcroed together and coded with tape, so I know which plug goes into send and returns.  I would recommend the smaller board.  You will be able to angle them into each other on stage, which means less walking to hit switches on the opposite side of your rig. 

by scottyo78 on 2013-02-01 11:56:34

I play with another guitarist at my church who's very talented and knows how to use his gear... about 8 stomps on a pedalboard. His one effect I can't duplicate with the HD500, is the Eventide "Time Machine" but other than that, I think my 500 is comparable.

Wow... I've never heard of the "MagicStomp" before. I looked it up and it sounds like a cool, versatile pedal but apparently it's no longer sold.

by BlueViolince on 2013-02-01 12:46:00

Yeah, It's pretty awesome.  I keep hoping that Yamaha comes out with something like a multi-effect version of it.  But it's over 10 years old, so probably not.  Still sounds great. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.