These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 - Component to run PODX3 out to multiple sources - switching
by louhazosc on 2013-02-01 12:21:49

I was just wondering if there is a way I can do this with something like a patchbay or some type of switching system. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to switching systems and the "wet"/"dry" guitar setups. I've always kept it simple.

This would only be for a live type sound when practicing and such.

I currently have my little home studio set up with the PODX3 and there are 3 outputs that I want to utilize from time to time starting from the PODX3 output.

1. Guitar->PODX3->Metaltronix M1000 Amp. Just to get the M100 acting like a power amplifier for that nice tube warm sound.

2. Guitar->PODX3->Marshall 9100 Power Amp->Speaker Cabinet. Just to keep it simple.

3. Guitar->PODX3->ADA MP1/Alesis Quadraverb/BBE Sonic Maximizer->Power amp. I love the ADA and sometimes I just like the alesis. This is a goofy one but I like it.

So of course right now if I want to switch between any of the 3 it is a matter of unplugging and switching a cable or two around to the PODX3 output.

Is there anything out there that I can run between the PODX3 and the 3 systems and allow for switching between them whenever I feel like it?

Of course noise is a factor the more stuff you add so the quiter the better.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.