These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Are Pod Farm Elements effects the same as Pod HD?
by Atlantic0 on 2013-02-03 05:25:40

I own both a Toneport KB37 and a Pod HD500. I used to use Pod Farm for playing and the Pod Farm plugin for recording before I got the HD500 around the time that it came out. I recently reinstalled Pod Farm, and saw that there was a new ption called Pod Farm Elements (which probably isn't actually new, I just never saw it before). Since I use my Pod HD500 for recording, the idea of being able to simulate some of the effects through my DAW sounds great, especially syncing effects like Delay. So, my question is: are the effects the same? If I turn off the Digital Delay on my Pod HD500 and replace it with the Digital Delay from Pod Farm Elements, would there be any sonic difference? Thanks for the help.

Re: Are Pod Farm Elements effects the same as Pod HD?
by silverhead on 2013-02-03 08:09:53

No - the Pod HD500 effects are not the same as Pod Farm (and/or its Elements). Yes, there will be sonic differences between the sounds of the Digital Delay. They use completely different modeling technologies; the Pod HD sounds/models are not available as a plugin (yet?).

Re: Are Pod Farm Elements effects the same as Pod HD?
by Atlantic0 on 2013-02-03 15:12:03

Alright. That's a bummer, but it is what I expected. Thank you for the answer.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.