These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Recording with a Spider 75W
by Reapoxide on 2013-02-04 11:01:40

Hi there guys,

So I've been playing with my Spider 75W about a year now, but now I want to record some sounds with it.

I bought a cable, one side is USB, other side is a guitar jack (1/4" jack).

When I plug this cable in my guitar, and the USB in my macbook I can record and everything works.

Now, when I plug my guitar in my amp, and plug the cable from line out to my macbook it doesn't work.

My amp doesn't make any sound (but I've read that it's normal), but my laptop also doesn't receive any sound

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot!

Re: Recording with a Spider 75W
by fflbrgst on 2013-02-07 05:43:25

First thing to consider is that the line out on your amp is stereo, so you really need a 1/4" stereo-to-mono adapter, otherwise you are only going to be getting 1 channel (left or right, not sure which).

Next, make sure the line out actually has an output - plug some headphones into it.  As long as it is working, there may be issues with mis-matched impedances on that USB adapter - those inexpensive adapters are not the best.

Re: Recording with a Spider 75W
by Reapoxide on 2013-02-07 10:53:06

Got it working already.. Some settings on the laptop were not right Thanks for helping!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.