These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M13 with Flextone III amp (stereo FX loop) and extn cabinet?
by Beacheshome on 2013-02-04 14:12:27

I'm trying to set up my M13 for a good stereo effects setup. I have tried various cable connection methods, including the 7 cable method between two amps. I don't want to distract from my question by describing the result that I'm getting with the 7CM, but it's not working as I'd hoped it would. It just occured to me though, that both of my Flextone III amps have stereo FX loops built in, so what iss the best way to set this up now?

Also, I have an Flextone extension cabinet. Is it at all possible that I could get the M13 stereo effects by just using one amp with its stereo FX loop along with an extension cab? It can't be that simple right? I'm not even sure how to begin trying to connect the cables on this. Any suggestions please???

Re: M13 with Flextone III amp (stereo FX loop) and extn cabinet?
by Beacheshome on 2013-02-04 15:35:48

I'm half answering my own question, but holy cow, this does work! I have one Flextone III amp with stereo effects loop and one M13 connected via 4 cable method, (plus one more cable going from right output on M13 to Right FX return on Flextone III). I have the extension cab connected to the Flextone III and the stereo effects are glorious. However, distortion, overdrive etc seem to be going through the FX loop too, regardless of the M13 pre/post fx settings. If there's a workaround for this I will be in Line 6 heaven!! I'm sure I could connect the FBV controller and use the amp for overdrive and distortion and the M13 exclusively for time based and modulation effects. Hmmm did I just answer my own question?? Let me try that.

Re: M13 with Flextone III amp (stereo FX loop) and extn cabinet?
by Beacheshome on 2013-02-04 16:21:05

Yep, it works. It really works. Leave the overdrive, distortion to the Flextone III and control channels through the FBV. All time based and modulation effects go through the M13 in stereo. the sound is beyond freaking unbelievable. Did you guys at Line 6 know about this? Absolutely amazing!!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.