These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench

Alt tuning on a Strat body, G string makes a crack noise when picking it hard.
by clay-man on 2013-02-05 11:06:26

I just noticed this last night. Perhaps a programming glitch? I reflashed and reinstalled firmware, but it's still there.

It only happens on the strat bodies when alt tuning is enabled. You can even have it enabled with all the tuning points in E standard still and it'll do it on the G string if you pick it hard enough.

It isn't too bad, I mean you gotta pick it pretty hard, but if I was in the moment and playing pretty hard on that string it would definitely show up.

Anyone else notice this?

Re: Alt tuning on a Strat body, G string makes a crack noise when picking it hard.
by clay-man on 2013-02-10 21:05:42

Okay. I'm starting to think my G string's designated pitch shifter has a slight malfunction. It's a tiny bit wavery sounding on that string on any alt tuning patch.

The punchy crack noise is only on the strat tunings, but it's only there when I dig really deep.

Re: Alt tuning on a Strat body, G string makes a crack noise when picking it hard.
by clay-man on 2013-02-26 14:02:23

Haha, well ever since I messed with the string volume thing, the cracking noise is completely gone now! I noticed the Les Paul doing it too on the A string, but it's all gone!

Line 6 is getting some serious points for being smart to put a volume control for the strings.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.