These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Line 6 X3 Bean Problem
by Lunar_Lionheart on 2013-02-06 17:23:06

Hello guys, I purchased an X3 Bean and got it today and with the help of Igor Omodei I've been getting to grips with it. However, one reoccuring issue is bugging me and I have seen it on the forums. If I am on the home screen (with the tones at the top with the fx chain), or ANYWHERE tbh, the interface automatically, without me touching it, flickers between whatever screen you were on, and the Amp+Cab fx. It is tremendously annoying. I have reflashed the X3 twice, done the IT Crowd approach [turned it on and off] to no avail.

Help would be appreciated guys, thanks for reading.

PJ

Re: Line 6 X3 Bean Problem
by silverhead on 2013-02-06 17:57:48

This often indicates that one or more of the Amp control knobs on the face of the device have dirty contacts. This can cause the device to detect phantom knob movements and shift to the Edit page, which would be normal behaviour if you had actually moved the knob.

Remedies include:

- rotate the knobs vigorously back and forth, from min to max, many times. This can clear some of the underlying dirt/dust.

- 'park' all the knobs at the min or max position when not actively using them for editing. These positions are less sensitive to detecting phantom movements.

- use a contact cleaner to clean underneath the knobs. Make sure you use a proper electronics contact cleaner - not a standard household lubricant like WD-40.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.