These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

pod hd pro as main interface in cubase 5, can i run a separate interface simultaneously?
by kge808 on 2013-02-07 02:51:23

Hello all i have the hd pro and i use cubase 5 as my DAW, my question is while my main in and out run through the POD. can i run another interface at the same time like a 8 channel mixer or something of that nature? is it compatable? if this has been covered in another forum im sorry. i just need to know please. Im sure you all are familiar with cubase. thank you so much!!!!

Re: pod hd pro as main interface in cubase 5, can i run a separate interface simultaneously?
by TheRealZap on 2013-02-07 04:06:34

You can't really run 2 interfaces at once into typical DAW softwrae (although if you are using a mac you could aggregate devices)

however... you can get an interface with a SPDIF input/output and just run the pod HD into the other interface and probably get the results that you seek.

Re: pod hd pro as main interface in cubase 5, can i run a separate interface simultaneously?
by GTLazer on 2013-02-07 05:35:22

+1

I'm currently using an HD500 as my interface (not just for guitar), but my next purchase is likely to be a mixer/interface, which I will put between the HD500 and my laptop, enabling me to have a more permanent setup for all the non-guitar stuff.

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-07 09:05:23

I use a tascam us-1800 with 16 inputs including spdif... it's great, as i can put the dry over spdif and then record the wet on other inputs... as well as having loads of other things plugged in so that i can just leave things ready to go... or record a band or whatever.

by PremiumJones on 2013-02-07 10:02:03

Depends on what you want to do with it. You can definitely run more interfaces (I use three) but will they do what you want? hard to say, cuase we dont know what you actually want to do!

by kge808 on 2013-02-09 23:35:28

what i want is to be able to record using my pod while also using my usb mixer to record vocals at the same time. if i use s/pdif will i still get 24 bit or if i just run my outputs from my pod into the mixer will i get the same quality as if i was using the usb from my pod?

by DeanDinosaur on 2013-02-10 03:46:40

Yes you can.

To stay in Cubase, there's an option of using this driver Asio4All which will allow you to use different input/outs on different sound cards (mutliple audio interfaces). I believe ASIO4 all utilizes the windows WDM drivers and wrap them into an ASIO, so the ASIO limitation is circumvented.

ASIO restricts the use of more than one sound card (The only software that I'm aware of that will allow this in windows without extra work is Sonar by cakewalk. When I used to use cakewalk, I was able to utilize two different sound cards by two different manufacturers at the same time. For this to work you need to use WDM drivers because ASIO won't allow this)

by silverhead on 2013-02-10 04:51:35

Be aware, though, that ASIO4ALL is a non-compliant ASIO driver and has been the cause of many recording problems reported in this forum. It is unsupported by Line 6. So it may work for you, but it may not and if not the support response from Line 6 will be to use the provided Line 6 driver.

by kge808 on 2013-02-10 15:48:59

what about spdif from the pod into the interface?

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-12 19:47:40

it restricts them for purpose not just some random limitation...

if you have 2 different pieces of hardware using different hardware clocks for timing.... latency will be the least of your worries... digital jitter, wow and flutter... the kind of crap you can't easily correct...

go ahead and use this work around if you don't care about quality....

but if he's worried about 24bit etc... i'd say quality is a concern...

i've used ASIO4all plenty... when i was too cheap or too broke to buy a compliant interface...

(they didn't used to be as common as they are today...)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.