These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

3rd party speakers
by caledonian on 2013-02-07 11:37:07

Does any one use the M20 with Bose 802 speakers( I have two pair running) if so did you tweak the vocals as I am not getting a good warm sound as I got with my old mixer

Maybe the sound takes a bit of getting used to I know one size does not fit all but it would be nice if people could share their settings?

Re: 3rd party speakers
by dboomer on 2013-02-07 16:10:36

Are you using the 802's with the factory equalizer? 

by caledonian on 2013-02-09 02:10:57

Yes I am using the equalizer should i be?

by mishulix on 2013-02-09 09:04:36

The M20d has all the eq you need. Turn the Bose's mixer to a flat position and try to get a better sound from there. If you have any kind of eq applied from the speakers, the internal presets will be offbase from their intended settings, because they are also altered by the eq  from the Bose unit and that may be wrong. For ex. if you have a mid scoop on voice and the Bose also have one to make the speakers sound more hi-fi (smile eq), then the voice is even more affected from this.

by caledonian on 2013-02-09 10:31:00

The bose controller is always in circuit the problem is do I take it out and go direct to amp?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.