These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

URGENT HELP / HD500 + Fender Mustang 3
by JoselitoMex on 2013-02-13 09:19:03

Hello everybody,

I am a very novice guitar player slowly progressing. I currently have a Fender Mustang 3 which I use with a BOSS effects pedal but I'm considering of buying the Line 6 HD500. My Mustang 3 has alot of effects, presets and amp modelling but I feel that the HD500 will provide me what I'm looking for. Is it OK to have the HD500 with my Mustang 3? Will I be able to get the most out of the HD500 if I have the Mustang 3 on a clean preset.

Basically I want to know if you reccommend the HD500 with my particular amp.Since I really want the HD500 I wouldnt want to have to change my amp. If so, do I connect the HD500 normally through the input or do I have to go through the FX Loop - Return / Send

Thanks for your urgent help!!!

JoselitoMex

Re: URGENT HELP / HD500 + Fender Mustang 3
by agile on 2013-02-13 18:07:45

Hi there,

I also own a Pod HD500 and a Fender Mustang 3 amp. I do find that the Fender is a great amp (very easy to use/quick to find a decent tone) by itself. However, the modelling and effects with the Pod HD500 is by far, superior (IMHO) than the Mustang. I do find the POD a little more intensive to dial in a great tone, but it is totally worth it in the end as the tones I get out of the POD sound WAY better! I run the Pod into the EFFECTS RETURN of the Mustang and TOTALLY bypass any of the Fender modelling (only the volume knob works for the Fender amp then allowing for volume adjustment only). This setup works great! However, I also own a TECH 21 PowerEngine 60. When I run the POD into BOTH the PE60 and the Mustang 3 effects return I get KILLER TONES! As well, this allows me to run in stereo too! Couple this setup to my Variax and I am in heaven! Any tone imaginable can be obtained!

As a beginner, the Mustang 3 is loud enough and can cover any base needed for convincing tones for ANY gig. I honestly would be happy with just the Mustang 3 and a guitar. But as I said above, the POD into both amps for stereo modelled sound is the best I've heard (and the best of both worlds)...Stereo, Loud, Portable, and covers all bases/tones needed for ANY song/genre. Pump the HD into a good PA and you have a totally portable rig that can be set up in 30 seconds.

Good luck with your quest for "better" tone... I have went through A LOT of gear (expensive too) and the POD (I upgraded from an X3 LIve) is always the gear I come back to.

Hope this is helpful in some way.....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.