These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

firmware update -changing L6 Link presets resets my volume level
by groovedggr on 2013-02-13 21:19:55

before the update I was able to load a L6 Link preset on the fly while mixing live, but now it resets the main output level to zero while loading a different preset. The band isn't happy when their volume gets adjusted to zero in the middle of performance

I hope this wasn't intended and can be easily changed back?

Please help.

thanks

Re: firmware update -changing L6 Link presets resets my volume level
by ArneLine6 on 2013-02-14 11:48:57

When you load a Setup the output volumes are turned down. When you load a scene ( in Perform mode) they stay where they are.  If you want to change presets (scenes) during a performance please use Scenes (in Perform mode).

by groovedggr on 2013-02-14 19:16:09

Hi Arne, thanks for responding, but I'm not talking about changing a scene.

I'm talking about deep tweak where you load a L6 Link EQ preset

This worked great before the update & is one of the reasons I bought the L3 Speakers after purchasing the M20d.

follow me

1) In perform mode

2) highlight main out

3) Deep Tweak

4) L6 Link EQ

5) open folder on top

6) load EQ

7) levels go to ZERO --this is not good!

Before the 1.1 update  I was enjoying using ipad out front and when the room was funky I would load an EQ preset and it would EQ without changing volume level.

Hopefully this won't be too hard to reset

please help

Thanks

by ArneLine6 on 2013-02-15 09:24:45

I have looked into this and agree that it would be better if the output level is not reset.

Thanks !

by groovedggr on 2013-02-18 20:37:46

I don't hear the L6 LINK 31 band EQ presets functioning after the update and I don't see the graph indicating they are functioning either.

by ArneLine6 on 2013-02-19 09:04:15

The factory presets all have the eq- ing done with the 6 band parametric eq. Since the Line6 Link 31 band eq is actually in the stagesource speakers we did not want to exclude customers with other speakers. There is no factory preset that uses the 31 band Line6 Link EQ. Did you create some presets and save them?  The Line6 Link EQ settings are loaded correctly.

by ArneLine6 on 2013-02-19 12:08:58

We have tested this and the Line6 Link 31 band eq is recalling saved presets correctly. Could you give us some detail about what is happening here? The factory presets do not have any 31 band eq settings. The factory output preset eq's are all done with 6- band parametric eq. To see that the Line6 Link eq presets are loaded correctly you need a L6 StageSource speaker connected via Line6 Link, change the 31 band eq settings, store the settings in a preset and recall them.

by groovedggr on 2013-02-19 19:53:58

Thank you for responding to all these issues and I'm happy LINE 6 didn't want to leave out people who didn't buy the stagesource speakers by giving them 6 band eq. However, I did purchase stagesource speakers and L6 Link cable. There IS a button on deep tweak page and when it is touched it opens up a 31 BAND EQ and sets a folder on top left of that 31 BAND EQ page that is named MAIN OUT. Inside the MAIN OUT folder are many presets which  I was able to use easily before the firmware update incorrectly changed the volume level. PLEASE RESET THE VOLUME LEVEL so that I can hear what's happening. If there is still a problem with the 31 BAND EQ - it will be easier to hear at that point. Thanks.

by groovedggr on 2013-02-19 20:53:26

I have the M20d and L6 Link cable connecting my L3 speakers. FOLLOW ME -when you touch the main out on right side of screen it turns green. Now go to DEEP TWEAK. Bottom of page is L6 Lnk Button. Now when you touch the L6 LINK EQ Button and it automatically opens up a 31 BAND EQ on the screen and also sets a folder on top left of page named MAIN OUT. Inside the folder are FACTORY PRESETS. ARE YOU SAYING the preset folder isn't intended for the 31 BAND EQ.?  Then why did L6 LINK EQ button open up a 31 BAND EQ and place a folder of factory presets at top!!  If the presets don't work on 31 Band EQ then hopefully somebody can fix it so they do. I need factory presets on the 31 Band EQ and was led to believe it existed before purchase. Before purchase I checked the forum and watched LINE 6 videos  ( I also have DRIVERACK PX but Boomer stated we don't need it and can use this easier.) It's not easier after the firmware update made the volume level go to ZERO and it's not easier if there's no presets.

by dboomer on 2013-02-20 09:59:45

Hey groove

Some of the factory presets do use EQ but it is performed with the PEQ section.  In the real world almost anything that you want to EQ wrt speakers can be done with more precision with a parametric.  So why include a 1/3 oct GEQ?  Well it is usually faster to operate in a live situation, however a more accurate job can be done using fewer filters (less phasing issues) that are shaped to do the job needed as opposed to using more filters to try to approximate the same thing.

If you create your own presets using the GEQ they can be saved and recalled.

by groovedggr on 2013-02-20 14:17:40

OK I understand, as long as it's easy and sounds good I'm happy, but the problem of the MAIN volume going to zero when I loaded a factory preset didn't exist before the update and it makes any presets somewhat unusable. Before the recent update I ran sound in a large hall and changed presets easily with no volume problem. I've never created a user preset on 31 band EQ and wonder if it is saved in the same folder?

by ArneLine6 on 2013-02-21 10:03:28

Yes. If you are in tweak mode and select the library (the folder icon next to the meter) and press "Save Preset As <name>" it is saved in the same folder as the other presets for the main or monitor outputs.

by groovedggr on 2013-02-28 06:09:49

Do you know when this repair to the problem of main stage volume goes to zero when loading EQ preset will happen ? It was working correctly before the 1.1 update

by groovedggr on 2013-03-05 22:15:09

There is a major bug that needs to be fixed. I was able to save a preset EQ in the main out folder but when loading it still  resets the volume which is not good while performing and also the name of the preset never changes at the top left the screen after you load it. Is there a way to save & load an EQ preset that doesn't change main out volume to a different level while performing and ll actually show the new preset at top left? I know the work around was to save my own presets, but LINE6 needs to acknowledge that there IS a problem and that they can fix it

Message was edited by: Scott Hrebek

by ArneLine6 on 2013-03-08 08:48:21

Of course this is a problem and needs to be fixed.

by ArneLine6 on 2013-03-08 08:49:17

Yes, of course this is a problem and needs to be fixed.

by groovedggr on 2013-03-08 16:03:48

thank you Arne for the fast reply, It's great news and it's great to have you and DBoomer here with us. I do want to push this faster so I input a request to LINE 6 product feedback and am hoping other forum users will do the same. Here is the link

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.