These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

How to record dry sound of guitar with POD Farm 2 in FL Studio?
by Yeli on 2013-02-16 11:18:30

Hey there!

Was looking for such topic, which are many but no real solution was found.

So, I'm using a POD Farm 2 and FL Studio 10 which are good. But the problem is: I cannot record my guitar CLEAN while it is having a POD Farm effect hanging on a channel, which I record thru. It just comes out that the recorded file is already effected by an effect and not a dry sound which could be changed later. So that makes it useless to me cuz I want to experiment with the tone, that's why I bought it.

I found one solution aforementioned - to use Edison recorder BEFORE the POD effect, so it would record the clean sound. That looks logical, but it comes out that the sound get much WEAKER, not like it sounds, no matter how I effect it later. So, is there any real solution to make a powerful fry sound which can be 100% copy the one which it did sound like while recording?

thanx a lot!

Re: How to record dry sound of guitar with POD Farm 2 in FL Studio?
by dback on 2013-02-16 13:51:29

I'm not familiar with FL Studio, but here's the way that I record a clean guitar with Logic Pro.

1.  Make sure you have Pod Farm open from the standalone version.

2.  Go to the mixer view in the stand alone version and select your outputs to be "Dry".  Also, as a double-check, be sure to check that the input is set for "Instrument".

3.  Set your tones, so you hear a "wet" version through your monitors.

4.  In your DAW (In your case FL Studio), arm your track to record and Mute the track so you don't hear it through the DAW (Thus the reason for using the standalone Pod Farm).

5.  Record.

You should be recording a "dry" track.  Upon playback, you can then insert Pod Farm as a plug-in, and then modify the clean track recording with the amp sounds.

Reply back if it works or if you have any othe issues!

DBack

http://www.facebook.com/doughnutblonde

by Yeli on 2013-02-16 21:35:35

Well,

I just ain't got a 'dry' option in my mixer. I already saw some videos on Youtube and there was an option to choose at mixer, incl. 'Dry'. See?no 'dry'.jpg

by Yeli on 2013-02-17 00:34:45

Well guys, I think U just figured out how it works.

You make an edison recorder on any channel you like. THEN, make a POD Farm effect on another one. Then turn off in the mix the channel with the edison recorder. You strum the srings and hear a sound of channel 2. THEN Record on edison which is on channel 1. See? You record dry signal of 1 channel (which you don't even hear) while hear the sound of channel 2! Then you can do whatever you like with the dry sound you get. You can send it thru channel 2 - you'll get the same sound I heard while recording! I checked it - no difference!

by KevinTJH on 2013-02-17 02:27:43

I use Logic Pro as my DAW.

When I record a guitar track, I first launch Logic, and use PodFarm 2 as a plugin.

After I've recorded that guitar track, if I were to remove (or bypass) the PodFarm 2 plugin, that recorded track is just a dry track.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.