These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Won't power on - power supply or HD500 issue?
by gareee on 2013-02-17 13:41:44

Hi,

My HD500 will not power on (nothing appears on screen, no recognition from PC.  I'm trying to troubleshoot if this is an issue with the power supply, or with the HD500 unit.  When I plug the power supply into the wall outlet (North American), without plugging it into the HD500, a LED comes on very dimly.  After I unplut the power supply from the wall, the LED grows stronger, then goes out.    Can someone out there with a working unit please tell me what they see the LED do when it is plugged into the wall, and not the HD500? I don't want to invest in a new power supply, if it is the unit that is busted.

Thanks!

Re: Won't power on - power supply or HD500 issue?
by spaceatl on 2013-02-17 14:00:19

If you have a multi-meter, set it to DC and measure it...That will tell you quickly if it is broken....What you describe doesn't sound right...

Re: Won't power on - power supply or HD500 issue?
by preciousgeorge on 2013-02-18 20:39:32

Just measured my power supply output (using a multi-meter) with it NOT attached to the HD500...shows -9.1 volts DC (it's a negative tip...so if the multimeter red lead is in the tip you'll read a negative voltage).  The green led is on, but very dimly compared to when it's connected to the HD500. When I unplugged the power supply, the dimly lit led lasted a few seconds, flashed 1/2 bright for just an instant, then went off.

Hope that helps!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.