These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

POD XT Amp Models and Effects
by machinefish on 2013-02-19 06:40:58

I own POD XT Pro, Bass POD XT Pro, and POD XT devices.

Is there a way to combine all of the amp models and effects on all three devices?

Essentially they would all behave like a POD XT with the Bass Expansion Pack if I could do this.

Re: POD XT Amp Models and Effects
by TheRealZap on 2013-02-19 06:46:22

No, you can purchase the model packs and authorize to both your guitar pods.... but the bass pod does not support model packs...

and included model packs are hard coded and cannot be moved.

by machinefish on 2013-02-19 07:36:53

Thanks for your immediate response

In terms of flexibility it seems I would have been better off with all POD XT pros.  But the Black Bass POD is totally cool.

I love these units, I am shocked and disappointed they are discontinued.

Does the Bass expansion pack include all of the amp models and effects of the Bass POD XT?

On a related topic..

Is there a difference in available Amp Models and Effects between the POD XT and the POD XT Pro devices?

I have not registered or authorized all of the XT units I own.  I am fearful I may lose available tones, and also my tweaks and saves.  I use one XT PRO for recording with guitars with Single coil pickups (lace sensors/P-90s/Charlie Christans/rails)  Another I have tweaked for Humbuckers/Filtertrons. Less time fiddling with knobs.

I use the plain XT for live performing. I have the presets tweaked for specific instruments and songs.

You have no idea how much simpler things are for me this way.  We cover about 30 songs a gig Almann Brothers, Pink Floyd, Sam and Dave, Tower of Power, Beatles, Clapton, CSNY, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Zepplin.... all over the place. I could never do it without the POD.

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-19 08:16:11

amp models are the same for all... and yes the bass pack gives the pods all of the bass pod xt models.

you can always backup etc... you shouldn't lose anything unless you bought the units with model packs "installed"

then you might lose those as they likely still belong to the original owner.

by machinefish on 2013-02-20 05:21:28

Hey Zap

No expansion  packs were added to any of my PODs.

I wanted to be able to use the Bass POD XT Pro for either a bass or a second guitar in my studio.

I mistakenly thought the Bass Pod was expandable.

I also thought I owned the licenses for all the patches in these devices and I could just swap them around.

Not a perfect world.

Glad I didnt buy a rack yet, I might need another XT Pro.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.