These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Question Regarding Used Podxt and Expansion Packs.
by solful1 on 2013-02-19 08:44:24

Hi everyone!

I am considering buying a used PodXt from a local shop.  It has all expansion packs installed.  My understanding is that I will be able to use the expansion packs UNLESS I register the Pod, at which time I'll lose the expansion packs.

No one knows the original owner so the packs cannot be gifted.

I've also been told by others that the packs can be re-authorized by Line6 with just a phone call, others say this isn't possible.

Is it necessary to register the Pod to use Gearbox?  I'd like to be able to change the presets via software if possible.  All I want to do with the Pod is record via USB to my computer, and possible run it through my Poweblock or Trademark 60 for a gig or practice.  What will I lose out on (except for updates) by not registering it?

Thank you!

Re: Question Regarding Used Podxt and Expansion Packs.
by solful1 on 2013-02-20 02:58:40

I did more research.  it seems that I'll keep the expansion packs as long as I don't run license manager.  is that everyone's experience?

by TheRealZap on 2013-02-20 04:10:43

don't run monkey either... install only gearbox, the drivers, edit, or workbench as needed from the standalone downloads...

still no guarantee.... but you should be ok... hopefully its already updated to the latest firmware.

by solful1 on 2013-02-20 23:17:56

thanks for the reply. I'll let you know once the pod arrives.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.