These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

WOOT My axe is here!
by DaddyV on 2013-02-22 10:24:22

Sweet, My JTV 59 arrived this morning! In perfect condition! As soon as the battery charges the fun begins!

Re: WOOT My axe is here!
by TheRealZap on 2013-02-22 12:33:23

very nice! you'll enjoy that.

by DaddyV on 2013-02-22 16:06:44

Well, my first impression was?

1 the guitar itself is friggin gorgeous!

2 it did take 4 trys to get the 1.9 update BUT!

3 this is freakin awesome!

After I got everything to work I plugged into my DAW and YES it sounds beautiful and I had no palm muting problems that I have heard about? Maybe it's the style I play or the technic I've used for the past 35+ years?

Playing Kasmir w/ a sitar on steroids was too cool & then swithing to some George Thourogood slide jams without retuning is/ was an OMG moment for this old guy! Will the rest of the dream rig be far behind? Probably not!!!

by dchernov551 on 2013-02-22 16:22:21

Congratulations with the arrival of your beautiful guitar, Daddy! I agree - these JTV guitars are just gorgeous and the JTV59 model looks divine with all these colourful details, the shape and design. It looks timeless and classic and I am sure that it also sounds so! I'm so happy that you like it and that you are enjoying it!

May I ask what DAW do you use and what soundcard or a mixing console going into DAW? I'm sure it sounds beautiful! Speaking of the palm mutting, I have seen few Youtube examples with the 1.9 Firmware update and I didn't hear, see or feel that there was anything wrong with it. I was told that I have a very light and specific palm mute style and your words give me even more hope that I'll be ok with it once I get my JTV89 or JTV89F. 35+ years! My respect!!!

Ahh, could you, please, bless us with the recording of Kashmir with sitar on steroids or those gorgeous slide jams? I want to experience the OMG moment too! If and when possible, of course!

Congratulations again with your guitar and I'm wishing you hours and hours of happy playing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience, DaddyV!

by derwalkerhaus on 2013-02-25 11:35:17

Awesome, congrats on your new Axe!!!

Enjoy

by dmpoole on 2013-02-25 15:08:29

I've said before on here that I've been playing semi-professionaly since 1970 and owned some amazing guitars but the two JTV-59s I have are the best things I've ever bought. Just before Christmas I got the POD HD500 and hopefully a DT25 will follow later in the year.

by spikey on 2013-02-25 17:59:09

Grats Bud, enjoy!

by rchibnik on 2013-03-02 07:56:59

Happy to see another satisfied JTV owner appreciate the marvel of this guitar. The whole dream rig is pretty stellar and nothing really touches it. Most of my experience w/ Line6 has been excellent - when there has been a problem (and they are few and far between for me) Line6 has responded with a correction almost without having to ask.

Now I have my eye on the L2T which is just the right size for my needs.

by DaddyV on 2013-03-02 09:13:38

I absolutely love it so far!!! Practically all the sounds are usable for recording, which is pretty much why I got this!!

by diggerbarnz on 2013-03-12 19:52:42

Agreed - 40+ yrs of playing here too & I LOVEW my 59, my Godin has been in the "backseat" ever since lol - & as of recent I purchased a cbg 4 string from DB Customs, I've never played any alternate tunnings till now (variax as well) whole new fun world again - Enjoy DaddyV!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.