These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Jtv cheap shit
by duff201281 on 2013-02-22 15:16:41

These jtv guitars are cheap guitars have had 5 different ones all with problems I thought the latest one was a winner but it turned out to be the same cheap crap so I returned it for a refund cause of this I will never buy anything related to or even resembling line 6 ps bought a godin multiac spectrum sa and a godin progression for round about the same price as a jtv give or take that's what you call quality instruments

Re: Jtv cheap shit
by TheRealZap on 2013-02-22 15:24:13

bwhahahaha

<a target=new href=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2prVvMMtS_Y/UJw6YOQfkZI/AAAAAAAASO8/LHhba4Zxx0I/s1600/I+trolls.jpg" class="jive-image" src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2prVvMMtS_Y/UJw6YOQfkZI/AAAAAAAASO8/LHhba4Zxx0I/s1600/I+trolls.jpg"/>

by dchernov551 on 2013-02-22 15:27:31

Well, I wouldn't call JTV guitars cheap, if you are speaking of the price because the cost is far from being cheap. But possible irony aside, let me tell you that it would be really helpful if you could provide us with more details as to what were the problems and what made you feel so bad about these instruments. Was it the build quality or was it the electronics failing or the frets buzzing? Was it the tonal qualities that did not please you or it just didn't feel right? Maybe you are speaking of the possible sound distortions and artifacts in the alternate tunings? No offense meant, but before you call any instrument a cheap crap, pay some time to at least tell why do you think so and think of all the people at the factories (be it in USA, Korea, China or any other place for that matter) that worked at it and all the designers and sound engineers at the companies that put their heart and soul into each produced instrument. I may not like this or that company and their products, but I do not start calling them names and try to see the price compared to what they offer for it and remember that what fits me may not fit for the others.

Speaking of your current gear, I must say that you bought yourself some quite nice Godin and I hope that you will enjoy it. But, please, do tell us why Line 6 did not please you, ok? Take care!  

by dchernov551 on 2013-02-22 15:28:15

Zap, thanks, man! Just thought I would drop a line or two anyway... I don't like it when people do not even tell why they don't like some gear.

by DaddyV on 2013-02-22 16:10:44

Later, and as a new Line 6 guy. My 59 ain't a cheap POS. It friggin rocks. Nice try Godin. A for effort! Now go away.....

by silverhead on 2013-02-22 18:23:26

and theres these things in english we call punctuation marks but i guess you never heard of them cuz you dont seem to know nothing about them so you just ramble on with whatever is in your head at the moment oh look somthing shiny now its gone and i cant remember anyway so yeah there im done with this crap whatever it was pass the joint

by player99 on 2013-02-23 16:18:11

I also returned mine after months of trying to get it to play. I am very very relieved to be done with the JTVs... I am going to use Tronical tuners when they start selling them, as I am more interested in alt tunings than the models...

Did I mention how happy I am to be done with the JTVs?

by brue58ski on 2013-02-25 23:16:19

That's too bad.......Uuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm.  OK. Goodbye.

by player99 on 2013-02-26 16:28:01

I just bought a L6 M9... Why can't I stay away from L6 products?

by sparkyERTW on 2013-02-27 09:27:58

Maybe because they're ridiculous value for the price.

I remember your posts (probably because you were a fellow Canadian); you did have an incredible streak of bad luck with your JTVs, so I can completely understand your position. I'm 1 for 1 on mine; I'm by no means claiming that your experiance is incredibly rare or that you don't have a right to be pissed at Line 6, I'm just saying that when everything goes right, it's a pretty awesome guitar.

Also, thanks for putting the Tronical tuners on my radar, those are pretty cool and the price isn't bad. I may consider getting a pair to stick on another of my guitars.

by player99 on 2013-02-27 15:17:49

I have really only posed a small amount of the hassles I went through...

I will stay away from now on.

Even the M9 needs to go out for an audio upgrade and switch replacement. Fortunately the dealer was dumping all L6 so I got it for $184 new.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.