These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Questions From Potential User
by spokid on 2013-02-23 22:57:18

Hi.

I'm REALLY sorry if this has been covered over and over, as I feel it may have been, but I have a couple questions I wanted to ask before I decide whether or not to purchase POD Farm Platinum 2.5 and its expansions. (I'd mostly be using it as a VST plug-in, but would like the option to use the stand-alone if I feel like it)

1. My current interface is a Presonus Firestudio Project. Will POD Farm Platinum 2.5 and Metal Shop/Bass Expansion/etc...work for me, or would I just be wasting my money? (I don't mean that in any way as a negative comment toward the product quality)

2. Will POD Farm Platinum 2.5 work with Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit), and if so, are there any issues, or does it work smoothly?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: Questions From Potential User
by fflbrgst on 2013-02-25 06:53:58

The quick answers are 'Yes"!   As a plug-in, compatibility will depend on what DAW you are using.   I use PodFarm 2.5 with Reaper and Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Re: Questions From Potential User
by Triryche on 2013-02-25 13:07:23

If you purchase Platinum, you do not need any model packs. Platinum has all the models.

You can purchase PF Standard and add model packs though.

The POD Farm Computer version (hardware independent NOT i-Lok) will work as a plug-in in most DAW's, it will also work as a standalone (Tone Direct Monitoring) with most ASIO USB devices.

If you get the computer version (not i-Lok) it is risk free, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund no questions asked.

Just don't get it for i-Lok because there is no refund.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.