These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

New HD 500 owner...
by chagmaier on 2013-02-24 04:50:56

My new HD 500 will be arriving this coming Tuesday.  I am very excited as this will be replacing my Vox Tonelab LE.  I am also expecting the arrival of a new Tech 21 power engine.  The HD500 and PE will be used at church in a fairly low volume situation.  How am I able to configure my outputs?  I would like to send full cab/mic sim to FOH, and also send an equally suitable signal to the PE.  I understand there is a Combo Output that uses "live" cab models and no mic?  Can different outputs be configured differently?  If not, I have access to an SM57 I could mic the PE.

Also, which version of "EDIT" software should I run?  I am running Mac OS X Snow Leopard.  I am dual booting my Macbook Pro with Ubuntu Studio.  Its full of FREE audio/video production software, do you think the HD500 would work as an audio interface for Linux?  Does anyone have experience in this area?

Thanks for all the help!

Chris

Re: New HD 500 owner...
by toneman2121 on 2013-02-24 06:39:06

http://line6.com/support/message/262491#262491  here's a little ti from a while ago

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.