These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-59
by ianosborne on 2013-02-24 15:40:13

I've had my cherry '59 for a couple of weeks...... and as much as I liked the sounds (a big improvement on my 300 that I'd had transplanted into a hand built tele like guitar.... with a gorgeous looking birds eye maple neck... but thats a diff story!) ..... I still found myself reaching for my strat when I just wanted to have a few captured moments playing.'

I found th e'59 as supplied just 'not as nice to play' Action felt hazardous... the frets felt like little mountains and if i over pressed too hard the string detuned because of the mixture of action and fret height.

So off it went to a nice young lad locally and after this 'Lex Luthier' did his bit with adjusting the action, fret dress and nut depth adjustment...... I LOVE it!!!

So fairly obvious advice but dont trust the set up from factory.... and I know from experience the idea of shelling out even more cash after buying the guitar is tough to contenance, it really is worth it......

Re: JTV-59
by TheRealZap on 2013-02-24 16:31:26

how very true for any new guitar! I tend to pick up alot of used instruments locally, and you'd be surprised how many of these "junk" guitars just need a little TLC.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.