These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD300 -> L6Link -> DT25 112 Huge Volume 'boost' between patch selection
by icu81b4 on 2013-02-28 02:49:42

Hi,

I seem to have a problem when selecting a between patches that their is a huge volume boost until all the patch parameters are loaded.

I notice that the Class A/B mode switches from A/B to Class A mode then back to A/B even if the new patch didn't need to use Class A mode. and I think it is this A/B -> A -> A/B glitch that causes the problem

I even notice this momentarily huge boost in sound when selecting and loading the same patch and it goes through the  A/B -> A -> A/B glitch again

I have noticed this in both Amp and Pre modes

I'm wondering if I have missed some setting somewhere that causes this.

Any suggestion will be gratefully received.

Al.

Re: HD300 -> L6Link -> DT25 112 Huge Volume 'boost' between patch selection
by icu81b4 on 2013-02-28 15:41:38

I've discovered that when I insert a new patch in the HD EDIT ( lets say I put patch 65Clean over JVCrunch in position 1A ) and that is copied to the floor unit, ( without pressing Save on the floor unit ) when switching between patches  the system momentarily trys to load the original patch (65Clean)  that was in 1A before loading JVCrunch.

If you actually 'Save' the patch to the floor unit - the noise between switching patchs reduces.

Although I'm still not happy with the noise that happens whilst the patch loads.

by PremiumJones on 2013-02-28 16:07:32

I assume you have updated everything, and have tried it without Edit running?

by icu81b4 on 2013-03-01 00:07:33

Hi PJ,

Yes, all firmware is current, but No I have not tried it standalone, Thanks I'll give that a go.

by jimsreynolds on 2013-03-01 09:26:46

This occasionally gets reported by people with the pod alone.  I don't think there is a definitive answer to this but if I were you I would check the output levels of FX in the patch relative to each other ..... is one boosting the level then another one cutting it back down ? If so try lowering the level on the loud one and vice versa. Then save the patch and try again.  Pay particular attentions to distortions and dynamic effects.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.