These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Stagescape to USB to airport express not working!
by jackalope123 on 2013-03-01 00:47:27

Hello,

I could use some help. I am tring to run Stagescape with my I pad, here is the problem:

Stagescape is working. I plug in the "apple" USB to Ethernet. Connect it to an airport express. Go into the menu.

Stagescape only says "connecting to Ethernet network"(or something like that), then nothing. It will search forever.

I need help!

Some facts:

Stagescape, iPad, Airport all up to date.

Tried resetting Airport to factory, nothing. I can still plug in Internet, and works fine.

Everything just bought. Everything brand new.

Thanks.

Re: Stagescape to USB to airport express not working!
by ArneLine6 on 2013-03-01 07:22:51

Have you tried to connect the iPad to the airport (wifi settings), open the stagescape app and connect the app to your stagescape?

by jackalope123 on 2013-03-01 14:20:49

Did that. When I open the app on the ipad, I press "connect" but I can't find the stagescape in the list. It's just blank.

I am using last years Airport Express. It only has one Eathernet connection, in like the new one that has a WAN & LAN. Might that be the problem?

by TimothyTainsh on 2013-03-18 16:50:54

I am having exactly the same issue

Did you ever find a resolve?

by jeanpicasso on 2013-03-19 04:48:36

i remember someone posting about the same type of problem. In his case the router was set to "bridge" instead of routing. Problem was fixed when he changed it back.

have you checked if the same is the issue with your router?

edit: found the post:

http://line6.com/support/thread/88184?tstart=150

hope it helps

by jackalope123 on 2013-03-19 04:58:41

Hello,

Here is what I found to be the problem. I had an older Airport Express. It only hade one Ethernet port. Do you have the same one?

The newer Airport Express have separate Ethernet ports. My suggestion is to try a different rougher that has WAN and LAN separated. That was my solution. Now I have to go purchase the new Airport because I found Airplay to be very helpful.

Let me know it this works for you too. If not ill try to solve the problem on my a different way.

by TimothyTainsh on 2013-03-21 02:06:04

I went and bought a new apple express as suggested

This as this has fixed the problem and all works well

Thanks for you advice

I can now do the gig!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.