These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Problem with adjusting back to "Clean Setting"?
by fitriulina on 2013-03-04 19:10:46

Recently I purchased a Spider IV 15 amp. It's a very nice little amp with surprisingly great sound. Here's my problem. I will adjust a very nice clean sound with just a slight bit of reverb. Then when I switch to anything else (Crunch, metal, or insane). However, when I try to return to my clean setting, no longer do I have that slight bit of reverb. Now I have an oversatured chorus and echo repeat sound. I set both effects knobs back to "off" , but the problem still reoccurs. It doesn't seem to matter where I position the knobs. I tried resetting to factory settings, but it didn't work. The manual is very scant and only serves to provide basic information on functionality.

Has any one else encountered this phenomenon? I'm trying to figure out whether or not this is a malfuntion or if this is typical; I can't imagine why the amp would do this.

Any suggestions or insights would be well appreciated.

Re: Problem with adjusting back to "Clean Setting"?
by fflbrgst on 2013-03-05 05:45:15

After you adjust a sound to how you like it, you need to save that setting.  Press and hold the Clean button (or whichever of the 4 settings you are using) to save it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.