These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

Handheld dead after error in firmware update - what should i do now???
by davoetta on 2013-03-07 08:15:01

Hi!

Just updated my v70 receiver with an v75 - worked well.

Then i wanted to update my Handheld (THH12) as well - and in the middle of the update an error appeared and since then my Handheld is dead - it wont let

me switch it on.

Any suggestions???

And if it stays dead - does anybody know if i can use the TX75 handheld with my v70 receiver?

I found an replacement here: http://www.thomann.de/de/line6_tx_v75.htm

Thanks

Albin

">http://www.thomann.de/de/line6_tx_v75.htm">http://www.thomann.de/de/line6_tx_v75.htm

Thanks

Albin

Re: Handheld dead after error in firmware update - what should i do now???
by dboomer on 2013-03-07 12:59:38

You HH transmitter is probably just stuck in "loader" mode.  Try to flash it again.

Reboot your computer and completely start over.

Yes ... V75 transmitters work with ALL line 6 wireless receivers (once switched to the proper mode)

by davoetta on 2013-03-08 00:49:37

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

I cannot power it on - the screen stays blank - so i cannot enter "loader mode" and cannot flash it again.

by RonMarton on 2013-03-08 03:32:00

Just confirming, Albin...

1. You have an XD-V75 receiver that worked fine when you "re-flashed" your (older) XD-V70 receiver, which is currently OK.
  2. That (newer) V75 receiver still seems OK and ready to update other equipment via USB and "Line 6 Monkey", ...BUT...
  3. Your THH12 handheld will not "light up" and switch on since a "re-flash" that went wrong.

If all of that is correct, here's my "take" that only expands a little on Don's reply.

First off, I would suggest that there's nothing to be lost by starting again with a new pair of absolutely fresh AA alkaline batteries correctly loaded into your "dead" THH12 handheld.

I would think that, even though your handheld seems "dead", you can probably effect another "re-flash" anyway, ...by placing it (again) over the XD-V75 "update interface" receiver's antenna exactly as illustrated in this document http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2583.

Having first re-booted your computer as Don suggests, you must then (once again) very carefully follow each step of the USB connection and V75 receiver "power on" procedures set out here, http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2585and (with any luck) once your XD-V75 "update interface" receiver is in "Loader" mode, it will then establish communication with your handheld upon you "choosing" it as the "target" device following the prompts from "Line 6 Monkey".

I'm hoping that you will then be on your way to a successful "re-flash" that will give your THH12 access to extra features and both RF1 and RF2 frequency schemes, almost "changing it into" a V75 handheld. 

by davoetta on 2013-03-08 07:15:16

Hi Ron.

Thanks for you answer.

I will try as you wrote, but i am afraid it wont work - since i cannot get into Loader mode off my handheld.

But i will give it a try and report back.

Albin

by dboomer on 2013-03-08 16:18:11

Check to see that you haven't inadvertantly engaged the lockout switch behind the batteries.

by RonMarton on 2013-03-08 16:43:49

Yet another of your brilliantly simple (and quite possibly possibly vital) insights, Mr B !

by davoetta on 2013-03-08 16:56:46

I havent engaged the lock switch. was the first thing i looked for.

by dboomer on 2013-03-11 11:56:44

Hey Albin

Are you still stuck?

Click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page and setup a service ticket.

by davoetta on 2013-03-12 02:59:50

I already have a week ago. Ticket Number:203531.

But not received an answer yet.

Not the fastest support there as it looks like.

Albin

by davoetta on 2013-03-21 23:10:53

Ha, my Support ticket was deleted as it looks like.

Thanks Line6 - thats the support i was not looking for.

Good to know for further investement.

by RonMarton on 2013-03-21 23:33:36

???????????

by davoetta on 2013-03-21 23:49:07

Weird isnt it?

by RonMarton on 2013-03-22 05:06:32

To be absolutely truthful, Albin...

"Weird" is not the way I'd express it. Nor is the way I'd express it suitable for publication.

If (after ALL you've been through with your "rogue" handheld) your support ticket has indeed "disappeared",

...then...

I believe that, as an act of good will and good faith,  Line 6 should act immediately to exchange your "dead" THH12 for a brand new V75 handheld, at NO COST to you.

by davoetta on 2013-03-22 05:15:54

It disappeared indeed - i attached an screenshot of the blank "support ticket" page.

Zwischenablage01.jpg

by RonMarton on 2013-03-22 05:24:49

I stand by my earlier reply, Albin.

Over to you, Line 6...

by line6jonb on 2013-03-22 12:22:55

Hello,

Your ticket was not deleted.  I transfered your ticket to our UK support team since you are in Austria.  I apologize that it may have taken longer than expected for a reply, but we definitely did not forget about you or delete your support ticket.

It will be best for you to register your transmitter to your account, as well as complete the address information on your account, and upload a copy of your receipt in order to expedite service from our UK support team. 

Thank you for your patience and I am sorry for the confusion.

Jon

by RonMarton on 2013-03-22 13:16:49

G'day Jon...

You may already be aware that those who formerly represented Line 6 in my country, Australia, were so abysmally incompetent that they've now ceased trading.

Since my considerable investment in XD-V wireless, (and my consequent contributions to these discussions) it has become increasingly apparent that the matchless value for money and innovative excellence of Line 6's products has indeed been "matched", in the case of many overseas clients like Albin, ...by an ownership experience that is every bit as bad as your products are good.

A comprehensive review of Line 6's overseas representation and its arcane support systems would, accordingly, seem to be somewhat overdue.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.