These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Switching from Electric to Acoustic on Dream Rig...
by drowner77 on 2013-03-08 08:25:07

I don't think I am asking this question correctly because I cannot find it answered anywhere, but I will try here..

I used to use the old A/B box from Line 6 to switch from my Amp for electric sounds and then to the P.A for my acoustic sounds... Please tell me that the HD500 does this very thing and how...

I live in Greece and there is no support here at all to sit with a tech.. There was a video on Youtube that I cannot find and would like to know before I go crashing through the manual... Thanks in advance..

I have A JTV59, a DT25, and just got the HD500...

Regards

Re: Switching from Electric to Acoustic on Dream Rig...
by phil_m on 2013-03-08 08:35:22

You can do it on the HD500 with a little trickery. One way to do it is to set up you acoustic tones with the effects loop block in the tone, and using the effects send as an output to the PA. This will bypass the DT-25 for your acoustic tones and it will allow you to use it for the electric tones still.

by drowner77 on 2013-03-08 23:46:20

Hi, Phil, thanks for that, but really?

Is that the only way to do it? The DT is hardly a good acoustic amp, unless I am missing something, which could very likely be... For Instance, doing a song like Wish You were Here. Is the modeling within the HD and DT combined as good sound wise s going direct to p.a for that particular acoustic sound?

It just seems to me that there should be a better way of doing this..

In any case, setting to work on it today and will give it a try as you suggest..

by phil_m on 2013-03-09 07:41:28

The DT amps are electric guitar amps, so using them for acoustic sounds is going to be less than ideal. That's why I recommend the effects loop trick I mentioned above.

by drowner77 on 2013-03-10 00:34:59

I will give it a go and write back on the result... Thanks, Phil. On a further note, I thought I was going mad because when I bought my JTV to replace my Variax 600 I was appalled at the sound of acoustics, especially the Dreadnought models, compared to the 600.. After much searching I found I was no alone and realize that Line 6 perhaps modified these sounds to compensate for use through The DT amps..

Whereas, I would have used the 600 acoustice sounds live on their own in a duo, I would not dream of it with the JTV.. I wonder if others feel the same way..

Further, before anyone suggests to try uploading the 700 sounds to the JTV.. it does not solve it for some reason..

Anyway, Phil, thanks again..

by drowner77 on 2013-03-12 15:39:01

Phil, got it going and sounds great. You da man!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.