These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

by Yulianus on 2013-03-08 17:10:36

Re: About POD HD 300
by silverhead on 2013-03-09 06:11:10

In general, you should use Line with Studio, and Amp with Live.

The only difference in the balanced  unbalanced outputs is that the L channel output, if used alone, will carry the full stereo signal summed to mono. The R channel output always carries only the Right-hand side of the stereo signal. If used alone it will not carry the full summed-to-mono signal.

The Unbalanced  Balanced outputs always carry their respective side of the stereo signal. Neither of them will sum to mono if used alone.

The GND and LIFT settings are helpful if you are experiencing a ground-loop hum in the balanced outputs.

Edit: I mixed things up earlier. This is the corrected version.

by bclarke675 on 2013-03-09 07:39:17

Does that mean that when I go out of my HD300, I need to use a stereo to mono adapter at the HD300 end when going to our mixer to get a summed mono signal?  Thanks in advance!

by silverhead on 2013-03-09 07:48:36

No need for an adapter. Use the Unbalanced L/MONO output on the HD300 to your mixer. Leave the R output unconnected. The L output gives the summed MONO signal..

(Note: I mixed up the outputs in my earlier post. See my edited version above for the correct info).

by bclarke675 on 2013-03-09 07:58:25

Thanks for the clarification.

by Yulianus on 2013-03-14 11:33:22

Hi, another time!

1 Then, ok ok, I should use Lne with Studio and Amp with Line, but respect to Dual option, what do i have to do with this option, and which option with, amp or line? Because I've heard that that's useful to connect to a amplifier and at the same time to connect to a mixer, recorder...but how, the mono output to the amplifier and the right output to the recorder, for example, or the mono (or right) output to the amplifier and a cable goes from the amplifier to the recorder?

1.1 In my case, I've heard that there is a option at the hour or connecting a pedal of effects to an amplifier which consists in connnecting the cable in a input which makes that only the own sound from the pedal sounds, and not combinated with the natural sound of the amplifer, should I have to use independently the options "amp-live"?

1.2 At the hour of using headphones, "studio-line" correct?

2 If right output only gives us the right hand side of the stereo signal, what does it exactly serve for, what is its real function independently of the mono output?

3 Does the two balanced outputs have the same function at the hour of connecting to a mixer or recorder? Better said, do they have the same properties respect mono or stereo signal?

4 Respect GND and LIFT options, which would consider the standard option, independetly of the balaced output we use, and depending of if we experiment hums, to modificate the preference of GND or LIFT option?

Thank you so much for your help, seriously. Keep in contact. ; )

by PremiumJones on 2013-03-14 15:30:11

I am not sure about the Studio-Line vs. Live -Amp thing... I've been using the HD300 for a few years now and the only time its ever on Amp is when plugging into the front of an amp, which I essentially never do, or if it clips the input stage of whatever its plugged into, which has happened once. It is always on Line for the following applications:

Studio mode into PA

Live mode  into FX return on a few different guitar amps

Studo mode into mixer for recording

Rarely, Dual mode into PA on the Studio side and FX return of guitar amp on Live side. (both sides lose a bit of signal this way, so Amp mode is barely audible )

The one time it clipped, it was some dudes wierd USB interface, which I am pretty sure only wanted to see instrument (which is what Amp is, or close to it) or Mic level inputs.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.