These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Help with pod tone change
by burlz on 2013-03-08 21:32:56

So here's what's going on. Recently, whenever i have my pod plugged in my macbook pro via usb cable, my tone changes at random. Ex. I've got everything in logic pro 9 good to go ready to record. I hit the record button and my pod changes from a custom tone i've made (say 22b) to 7a or 3c. It also changes whenever i click the mouse to a different bar in logic as well. Does ANYONE have any idea as to what might be going on? I've been trying to contact line 6 for the better part of a week but all they've been able to tell me is "i've never heard/seen this before". I'm running a macbook pro, logic pro 9, Mac osx lion 10.7.5. Help?

Re: Help with pod tone change
by Mr_Arkadin on 2013-03-11 06:09:19

Which model Pod?

by burlz on 2013-03-11 07:35:39

my apologies it's an pod xt pro

by Mr_Arkadin on 2013-03-11 08:39:35

Initially it sounds like your sequencer is sending MIDI messages to the PODxt Pro. I would try and filter them in Logic if you can. Also set the Pod to a MIDI channel you are not using (say 16) - make sure it is not in Omni mode. Now as long as there are no MIDI messages being sent on channel 16 you will hopefully have stopped the POD changing patches.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.