These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Hd 500 connect to dt25 via L6 - psu?
by jonhollis on 2013-03-08 23:51:11

Hi all. I'm just about to have delivered a dt25. Looking forward to it. Finally succumbed to the partial dream rig! Really interested in the Bognor part and the simplicity and recall of the set ups.

So I'm very keen on the L6 link. Really like the idea of one cable. But I've just realised that you need to run separate power. Surely not. This seems a big oversight. So I've got a one cable set up but also have to run mains and a psu out to the front of stage.

Please tell me this isn't true?

If it is then is there a special L6 cable that would carry the Dc supply with it too? I'm trying to ditch the whole pedal snake thing. Just wanted one cable and to keep the power supply behind the amp.

Re: Hd 500 connect to dt25 via L6 - psu?
by vcuomo on 2013-03-09 13:44:11

Even when using L6 Link you need to plug in the power supply to the HD500.  So, you'll have at least two cables going to the HD500 - there's no way around it.  I just use small velcro strips and make a "snake" out of the L6 Link cable and power supply cable (plus I use an extension cord on the power supply cable, so that gets velcroed [if that's a word] to the L6 Link cable too).  I've been doing it this way at gigs and at home for over a year and it really isn't a problem.

BTW, I recommend using an AES/EBU cable (instead of an XLR cable) as your L6 Link cable.

Hope this helps!

by jonhollis on 2013-03-09 14:59:15

Hi. Thanks for that. Where did you get the psu extension cable from?

by vcuomo on 2013-03-10 00:37:24

It's just a regular AC extension cord.

by jonhollis on 2013-03-12 02:03:07

oh ok - so you run AC power out to the front. i was looking for a way of extending the DC out of the PSU to the front of house. you know a cable that takes the L6, the 12V (or whatever it is) and USB

by spaceatl on 2013-03-12 08:27:01

9VDC @ 3A....You need pretty thick wire to run DC that far...You are better off running an AC line instead....Or if you really want one wire...nix the HD500 and get an HD Pro and a shortboard...Then it's one wire with a dumb controller on the floor and your tone in the backline...

by phil_m on 2013-03-12 08:59:13

I believe some users have gotten DC power cords from this company: http://www.pedalsnake.com/

Personally,">http://www.pedalsnake.com/">http://www.pedalsnake.com/

Personally,I don't like the idea of spending a lot on a custom DC power cable that could potentially get damaged and be a pain to replace. If I'm running across the stage, I'd much rather just use a heavy duty AC extension cord and keep the wall near the POD. If an extension cord gets damaged, it's not a big deal to replace it by picking another up at Wal-Mart or wherever.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.