These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

what effects should i use on my pod x3 live to make it sound like hillsong united?
by mdog1234 on 2009-06-02 13:37:12

what effects should i use on my pod x3 live to make it  sound like hillsong united? it is hard to figure out which effect to use.

Re: what effects should i use on my pod x3 live to make it sound like hillsong united?
by silverhead on 2009-06-02 14:14:07

Did you search customtone.com in the POD X3 area? I found several tones there under the search phrase 'hillsong united'.

http://line6.com/customtone/library/index.html

Ifoyu want to try these tones and you're not familiar with using Gearbox to load them into the X3 just let me know.

Re: what effects should i use on my pod x3 live to make it sound like hillsong united?
by nick98338 on 2009-06-02 15:40:19

I did a search on customtone and found 22 pages (times 10 tones) of things labeled as Hillsong United, or just Hillsong. Many different tones for many different songs. Seems to be a lot of "brit" and Vox type amp settings used.

by Line6Hugo on 2009-06-03 16:54:42

+1 to silverhead and nick98338

Regards,

Line6Hugo

Please make sure to award points to helpful & correct responses to your questions.

by AndyParedes on 2009-06-03 17:01:13

Hello,

This information is correct. In addition, please check out the following document on creating custom tones:

Getting Started: Creating Tones

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-4537

Please be sure to award Helpful and/or Correct points to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers!

Line6Andy

by diness on 2009-06-04 08:31:41

If you're strictly wondering about effects... then the obvious one is delay.  Hillsong United uses tons of delay on most songs.  Try the dotted eighth note setting.

For tone, you'll definitely want to try the Vox AC30TB model and maybe some of the other "British" type models.  I think there's a Class A one and an AC15 one, you could try the Matchless ones.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.