These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

ASIO Driver restarting PC
by alternate on 2009-06-08 06:47:49

Hello

Im programming audio application which can use asio drivers for PCM playback.

My problem is that Line 6 Toneport UX2 ASIO driver restarts PC everytime when my program try init this ASIO driver.
With other ASIO drivers like "Asio for all" is everythink just fine.
Is there any specific process or guide how to correctly use Line6 ASIO drivers?

Thanks

Stepan Eret

alternate@seznam.cz

OS: Windows Vista x64, 4GB RAM, Toneport UX2, Driver ver. 3.4.1.0

Re: ASIO Driver restarting PC
by Line6Hugo on 2009-06-09 11:00:54

Alternate,

The only process to useing the ASIO drivers would be to make sure to select the ASIO Toneport UX2 driver from the recording program's Audio Preferences menu.

What is the recording program that you are using?

Regards,

Line6Hugo

by alternate on 2009-06-13 03:15:33

Im using ASIO drivers directly, via COM interface directly from source code

by Kneehow on 2009-06-15 10:55:09

What Line6Hugo mentioned previously is correct. Unfortunately we can't exactly help you out if you're attempting to write audio software and require proprietary code information.

The best thing you could try is to send a direct inquiry to the Product/Software Division here with your questions: http://line6.com/company/contact/productFeedback/?topic_id=3 as these messages go directly to the development teams, so it will be up to them to choose to respond.

However, if you have the latest USB driver downloaded and installed onto your 64-Bit system and are experiencing a restart when trying to access the ASIO driver from your custom application, we cannot provide support for that scenario since we have no way of even testing your custom app with our drivers.

by alternate on 2009-06-18 13:02:36

Thanks for your posts, i finally get sound from Toneport ASIO driver:)

I did not use thread safe acces to ASIO driver, that was the problem.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.