Updating Helix/HX Firmware
Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp
Check your current firmware version
- Turn your Helix/HX hardware off and back on. The display tells you the current firmware.
If your Helix/HX hardware is running 2.90 or later, here's all you need to do:
- Connect Helix/HX to your computer, log into HX Edit, and follow the prompts.
If your Helix/HX hardware is running 2.82 or earlier, follow the procedure below:
STEP 1—Updating HX Edit
- Log onto line6.com, download, and install the newest version of HX Edit.
STEP 2—Updating Helix/HX Firmware
- If you have Helix Rack/Control, turn off Helix Control. Also, shut down all Line 6 software or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.
- Connect your Helix/HX device to a Mac or PC via USB (do not use any sort of USB hub, which may include the front USB ports on towers) and turn it on.
- Launch the new version of HX Edit you installed in Step 1 above. If you're not signed in, click "Check for Updates" in the lower right corner and sign in. If you're already signed in, a dialog panel appears, indicating an update is available.
- Click "Update Now." A window appears, asking you to back up your Helix/HX hardware. Click OK, optionally rename the backup and/or choose a different destination folder, and then click "Create Backup."
- Continue following the prompts. Once updated, the window reads "Update Complete" and your Helix/HX hardware begins rebuilding its presets; wait for this to complete and click "Back to HX Edit."
- If you have Helix Control connected to Helix Rack, turn on Helix Control. Helix Rack reads "Helix Control must be updated to work properly." Press Knob 6 (OK).
Updating Helix Native
- Quit your DAW software.
- Log onto line6.com, download, and install the newest version of Helix Native.
Wait. The most recent version of Helix Native was 1.92. What happened to 2.XX?
We skipped 'em. Helix/HX firmware and Helix Native plug-in versioning is now in sync.