Mobile Keys FAQ
Mobile Keys 25: 18.75â€ (L) x 7.25â€ (D) x 2.75â€ (H)
Mobile Keys 49: 31.875â€ (L) x 7.25â€ (D) x 2.75â€ (H)
Sustain Pedal Input Jack: 1/4" TS (Mono)
Expression Pedal Input Jack: 1/4" TS (Mono)
OS Compatibility (Minimum Requirements)
Windows XP or higher
Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
Apple iOS 4.2 or higher - Compatible with iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 3GS, iPad 3, iPad 2, and iPad.
Computer and iDevice Communication/Software Resets
Mobile Keys firmware implements Class-Compliant USB MIDI communication which is compatible with the drivers included in all standard installs of Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OSX, and iOS. This means there are no drivers to download.
Sustain Pedal Compatibility
Connect a standard sustain footswitch for sustain control with MIDI controller 64. (Auto-sensing jack supports both â€˜normally openâ€™ and â€˜normally closedâ€™ footswitches.)
Expression Pedal Compatibility
Connect a standard continuous pedal for expression control with MIDI controller 11. We recommend using the Line 6 EX-1 or the Mission Engineering EP1-L6 expression pedals.
Factory Reset (Firmware)
( A ) Using the iDevice connection to and running Line 6 MIDI Memo Recorder:
- If there is a newer firmware version than the one currently installed on your Mobile Keys unit, MIDI Memo Recorder will offer you the option to update automatically.
- "A firmware update is available! Would you like to update Mobile Keys (25 or 49, depending) to the latest firmware? [Not Now ][OK]".
- Tapping [OK] the screen goes black and you will see 'Preparing Update' followed by 'Updating Firmware'.
After this completes, the MIDI Memo Recorder app screen returns with a dialog that displays â€œUpdate Succeeded â€“ To complete the update, unplug Mobile Keys (25 or 49, depending) and plug it back in [OK]â€. Please unplug and re-plug the Mobile Keys device before tapping [OK].
( B ) Using the USB connection to a host computer (Windows/Mac) and running Line 6 Monkey:
- If you don't have the latest version of Line 6 Monkey installed you can get it here.
- Click on the â€œFlash Memoryâ€ component in the Updates screen of Monkey.
- Click the â€œUpdate Selectionâ€ button (or â€œReinstall Latestâ€, if you wish to re-flash the device).
Wait for the progress indicator to reach completion and following the remaining Monkey prompts.
Reset of SHIFT Function Settings
- Disconnect the Mobile Keys from the intended host device first.
- Press and hold the SHIFT button.
- Power on the Mobile Keys unit (physically connect via USB or iDevice).
- Press any of the first 9 (white) keys, or C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C-D-E on the lowest/left side of the keyboard range.
Release SHIFT and the white key.
Q: Can I connect the Mobile Keys 25 & 49 or to Apple iOS devices that have a Lightning connection instead of a 30-pin connection?
A: Yes, you can connect a Mobile Keys 25 or 49 to a Lightning connection equipped Apple iOS device by using one of the Apple brand 30-ping to Lightning adapters that are available at the links below:
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2m)
Q: Do the Mobile Keys 25 & 49 work with Android products?
A: Many of you have asked why Line 6 mobile products only work with Apple devices, not Android. Since many smartphone and tablet manufacturers support the Android operating system and have different connectors, it is unfortunately very difficult to develop and support products for these various hardware configurations. Apple devices share a standard, 30-pin dock connector which is why weâ€™re able to create a single hardware solution for these devices.
Q: My Mobile Keys was working, but after I unplugged it from my iOS device, then plugged it in again, the Mobile Keys is not recognized and won't work with any app.
A: This will happen even after the iOS device goes into Sleep mode. What solves it is running the MIDI Memo app to re-initialize the keyboard. If MIDI Memo says a Line 6 interface is required, unplug then plug in the cable. Once MIDI Memo makes the â€œenable recordingâ€ button available, the keyboard is ready to use.