Once you have installed Line 6 Monkey and the applicable drivers for your Line 6 device, you will be able to assign your USB capable device as the sound card for your computer. See the following instructions for assigning your Line 6 device as a sound card for your Windows Vista Operating System:
1) Select the "start menu" and select "Control Panel".
2) Select "Classic View" if not already selected, then select "Sound".
3) Select the playback tab, then select your Line 6 device (this example uses a Toneport UX-1), then select "Set Default".
4) Select the Recording tab, select your Line 6 device (this example uses a Toneport UX-1), then select "set as default" (if applicable). Then select "OK".
5) Close the window. Be sure that your speakers and/or headphones are connected to your Line 6 device (rather than the computer's sound card).