How to Activate Helix Native
- Download the latest version of Helix Native at http://line6.com/software/.
- Run the Helix Native installer. We suggest you temporarily disable all third party antivirus programs during the installation. During the install, take note of the VST3 and AAX Plugin folder locations. If you choose to install the PC VST2 plugin, you will be able to choose your own folder location. On Mac, VST2 is installed at /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/.
- PC VST2 only: Open your recording programâ€™s preferences and point it to the folder that Helix Native was installed to.
- Start your DAW, create an audio track, then add Helix Native as a plugin (see below for links to your particular DAW).
On first run, you will be prompted to sign in to your Line 6 account to authorize your license.
Individual DAW Set-up Articles
Q: I can't find the Helix plug-in, even after following the steps in the articles above.
A. Possible causes:
- The default VST3 folder on Windows is C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\. Ensure your DAW has scanned that directory.
- Helix Native is a VST Effect. When searching your DAW's plug-ins list, make sure to look under VST Effects and not VST Instruments.
Helix Native is 64-bit only, and therefore wonâ€™t appear in a 32-bit DAW.
Q: What are the default locations for Helix Native plug-in files?
NOTE: The VST2 plugin installation location, if installed, will be determined by the user during the installation process.