Line 6 is no longer selling license keys for Riffworks 1 or 2 Line 6 Edition. If you have previously purchased a license key for this software you can download the software from http://line6.com/software/, however, license keys for these versions of Riffworks can no longer be purchased.
NOTE: This document is relevant ONLY for RiffWorks 2 Line 6 Edition version software. If you're trying to register Sonoma Wire Works RiffWorks STANDARD version software, please visit: http://www.sonomawireworks.com/ for support on how to do so.
Download the Riffworks 2.2.2 from the following location:
Riffworks Activation Process
If you're seeing the word demo anywhere or can't save your session you did not purchase a RiffWorks 2 Line 6 Edition license. These licenses have been replaced by the Riffworks Standard license, which can be purchased at the Sonoma Wire Works website.
By authorizing a qualifying GuitarPort with Line 6 License Manager, the program "unlocks" and you can save and mix your songs down to wave/ogg audio formats. The full activation instructions are below so that you can see both the Line 6 part of the process and the optional Sonoma Wire Works part of the process.
If you complete the Sonoma WireWorks part of the process, you're given access to Sonoma's online RiffCast/RiffWorld and RiffLink collaboration features.
You're also given two extra InstantDrummers, Bare Bones and Matt Sorum Basic, which you can download at the Sonoma website.
Part 1: Line 6 Activation
1. Click on Start/All Programs/Line6/Tools/Line 6 License Manager
2. Log on with the user name and password you use for the Line 6 Website.
3. Authorize your Computer and Guitar Port by highlighting the devices and clicking the authorize button.
Part 2: Sonoma Wire Works Activation
1. Open Riffworks 2
2. Click the Riffcast button
3. Type in your Sonomakey login name and password. If you do not yet have a Sonomakey login name and password, you'll need to create a new one one clicking the â€œRegisterâ€ button found on the same window. After creating a name, please return to the login prompt and enter your newly created login information.
Riffworks InstantDrummers Activation Process
The InstantDrummers themselves don't run in demo mode, though the program itself will be in demo mode until you've used the Line 6 Monkey to activate the application using the purchased license key. The InstantDrummers will function regardless of whether or not RiffWorks 2 is activated, unless they are the add-on InstantDrummers you can purchase from the Sonoma Wireworks online store. Those are tied to your SonomaKey username and do require the program is activated in order to work.
When you run the Online Installer for RiffWorks 2 Line 6 Edition, you'll get the Demo Session for the InstantDrummer. If you have purchased a License Key for RiffWorks 2 Line 6 Edition, you can then download and run the RiffWorks 2 Line 6 Edition Instant Drummers installer to get six more InstantDrummer Sessions that are included with your license purchase: http://line6.com/software/index.html.
Also: If you purchased add-on RiffWorks InstantDrummer Sessions from Line 6 for RiffWorks v1, they will not work in RiffWorks v2 or later. Sonoma will need to add those to your Sonoma Account Downloads for free. Email Sonoma's support team firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask for the InstantDrummer sessions to be added to your Sonoma Wire Works store account downloads area.
Riffworks Activation Process FAQ
Q: I bought a RiffTracker pack. Why does RiffTracker ask me for an activation code?
- The GuitarPort/RiffTracker combo pack does not need to be activated, it comes preset with access to the software. Please make sure you were given the RiffTracker package, and not just the GuitarPort with a RiffTracker demo (the price is roughly double for the RiffTracker combo- $199 USD for RiffTracker and $99 USD for just GuitarPort).
- If you think you were given the wrong package and have paid for RiffTracker, please return it to your dealer for exchange.
If you have purchased the correct pack, try authorizing the Guitarport with Line 6 License Manager.
Q: I recently purchased a Line6 GuitarPort which came with RiffWorks, too. How do I activate the recording and saving part? It asks me to insert a license key, but the product didn't come with one, how do I get one?
- Does your GuitarPort unit say RiffTracker on it?
Did your Guitarport come in a green box?
If your unit does NOT say RiffTracker on it and if it came in a red box, there is no license embedded in the GuitarPort unit.