Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dsp meter'.
Found 1 result
....Is that ideas are scattered/duplicated/shown in different ways, and i'm not sure most customers know about this, where it is, and/or appreciate this is what Line 6 looks at. If Line 6 do look at Ideascale to get a feel for what customers want, then will they identify the trends by linking common requests together? I've tried to 'put together' some of the Ideascale requests that one way or another are all saying users want more flexibility re the current fixed patch approach, and I think that goes hand in hand with helping users to better understand DSP and have information of DSP allocations with a DSP % marker for each amp/cab/fx, and a total DSP meter. Digital Igloo (Line 6) has stated that: "The short answer: POD Go wasn't designed for the type of guitarist who frequents TGP, which is why I've spent so many cycles here shouting "It's not a Helix" over and over. The long answer: DSP meters are, IMO, a terrible experience, even for Helix. We don't want our users obsessing over which amp or effect uses more or less DSP; we want them choosing what sounds best to their ears. We also want POD Go users to almost never run out of DSP; opening more blocks to maybe squeeze in an extra compressor for the 10% of users who understand dynamic DSP (decidedly not POD Go's target market)—at the risk of the other 90% hitting the wall much sooner—is a non-starter. Ease of use and predictability are key here. We have a list of things we'd still like to add to POD Go—many of which have already been requested—but neither extra blocks nor more flexible DSP allocation are on it." But I think Line 6 may be a bit 'set in their thinking' and/or may not necessarily have a clear picture of the growing demand for the Pod Go training wheels to be taken off. Common themes are: 1. Give users DSP information (the Zoom G6/G11 does this and I think the Mooer GE300 may do this too - even Helix users have asked for this!) 2. Give Pod Go 1 or 2 extra blocks. It doesn't increase DSP, but the option will give greater flexibility 3. Give the option to free-up DSP by removing the amp/cab block for those that will sometimes want to use Pod Go for pure FX Now, whilst releasing even all the EQ/wah/noisegate/volume/fx loop isn't even close to allowing a compressor, the theme of users wanting more flexibility is the issue here: The following Ideascale links refer - So, if you want these things, please vote in each one - current votes as at today's date shown in brackets: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/POD-GO-Allow-Amp-and-Cab-IR-blocks-to-be-replaced-w-other-fx/990127-23508 (9) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Pod-Go-Equalizer-not-be-a-fixed-block/990390-23508# (33) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Give-Pod-Go-1-or-2-additional-user-blocks-to-maximise-DSP/1000649-23508 (16) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/POD-GO-Function-suggestions/1001513-23508 (9) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Pod-Go/1011679-23508 (11) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Freedom-Pod-Go-Now!/1005827-23508 (19) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/DSP-information/1015976-23508 (37) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Pod-go-effects-blocks/1019288-23508 (12) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Free-the-bocks-in-PODGO/1024488-235 (4) And Helix users who want a DSP meter/DSP info (this is requested in loads of other ideas, but included in a big wish list): https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/DSP-Usage-meter/918997-23508 (47) https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/DSP-Meter/867648-23508 (115) The only way we might be able to get Line 6 to reconsider its position is to demonstrate the demand on themes that its customers really want!