Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port VX - Help an idiot get started (Windows)

OK so my Sonic Port VX arrived this morning.  I downloaded the driver, plugged it in to a USB port and......nothing.  No sound through the headphones when I play a video on Youtube, no sound when I plug a guitar in and play it.  Please assume, I know absolutely nothing.........

Maybe you need to uninstall whatever windows installed automatically first and start over. You can use USBDeview in administrative mode to uninstall the driver in question and then restart your computer and install the correct driver (maybe you should restart again) and then plug the VX in. Might be an easier way though.

• Upvote 1

OK, there are 2 created today. One is the Sonic port. Maybe I should delete both and start again.....

Wont hurt to uninstall both, restart and reinstall. Just make sure you run usbdeview in admin or the uninstall won't happen.

OK, that worked.  I can now hear Youtube through the device and also play my guitar at the same time (although youtube is a lot louder do I've had to turn it right down.

The next questions, is what do I use so I Can get some effects and better guitar sounds?  I think the mobile app only works with ios

OK, that worked.  I can now hear Youtube through the device and also play my guitar at the same time (although youtube is a lot louder do I've had to turn it right down.

The next questions, is what do I use so I Can get some effects and better guitar sounds?  I think the mobile app only works with ios

You'll need an iPhone or iPad to use Moble app. You can use the windows mixer to adjust sound levels,

Click on the mixer to see all options >>

mixer.jpg?psid=1

options>

mixer%20options.jpg?psid=1

Edited by Brazzy

• 2 months later...