Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 POD HD300 - Serious tone problem

Kapa666

Hello. I've been trying to fix my real bad tone issue for months now. I had a good tone and everything right up untill i had a rehearsal with a new guitar player in my band. When i brought my POD there everything went downhill, it sounded like **** and i have no idea what could've caused it. I figured it might've been the amp but i came back home and i had fuzzy sounds all of a sudden. I really hope it's not broken or damaged by any way and so turned to options such as updating my firmware and such.. and ofcourse, nothing.
I attempted to do something about it today aswell (i am really depressed with what i am stuck with right now) and saw that my flash memory is not installed (shows - ). HOWEVER to make things more worse I can't update it. It shows a question mark and wont allow me to install it. After a while i somehow got it fixed, but the tone is still horrible and can't get ANYTHING decent out of it, even from downloading custom tones.

So here is what i've done : resest to factory settings, reinstalled firmware and flash memory, download other tunes.. and im losing options. Some things i know what i can try to do is reinstall podhd300 driver completly, but other than that I am posting this so i can get other suggestions aswell, as im really frustrated with this issue. Many thanks ahead

today I found out about this guide on the forums and it helped me a lot so I'm posting this again for you

check this guide out pls: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/introduction

especially this section: http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/tipsAndPitfalls#clipping

check your mixer settings, input 1-2 settings and make sure you put the pedals/amps in correct order.

good luck

Everything was fine till you bought in the new guitar player. Get rid of him/her. LOL

Seriously, have a look at it, Is the new guitar player a better player, had a better rig.

Did he invalidate the HD300 with his shreding or tone? LOL Did you start to change the HD300?

Here is the important part.

What did you change just before it sounded bad on the HD300?

Trace back that change and undo it.

The rest is a needle in a haystack, first is the toggle "amp" "line" switch check that is correct.

The problem with all the "fixes" since is; it is like a careering out of control car destined to wreck.

Undo all changes or probably now get all the updates etc done.

Look back at what changed just before the tone went bad and undo that change.

Im glad i got some responses, but the new guitar player has great tone. What can I remember is that it was a new place where i had rehearsed and just put cable from L/MONO to amp's guitar input, and from hd300's guitar in to my guitar. I used to connect my pod some other way by connecting it in the back of the amp (since a friend knew himself what he was doing i never really bothered to look what he did, i just really want to play the goddamn guitar). But when we had that rehearsal with the new guy at a new place, i just connected my pod with the amp via guitar input, something i never did before.. Maybe that is the issue?
Btw.. i had my (GOOD) tone saved in another place and i retrieved it .. and really hoped it would make things better and i'd get the tone back.. but it sounds lollipop, and i know it was THAT tone i had saved.. and it used to be good because i had recorded with it like.. hundreds of times.

Also i did reset to factory settings and nothing. It could be the thing that i just suck at making tones.. i dont know. When i download a good tone it sounds bad aswell.. really running low on options

At home recording with tone will not sound the same as thru amp. Will be different tone for same patch

Are you able to find out from friend how he connected it into the amp for you?

It sounds like you are going into amp channel input. Best go in power amp in or FX return.

Connect the ouput of HD300 LMONO to FX return on the back of your amp, not the front channels.

Make sure amp is selected on the toggle switch.

Open a new tone and select an amp. Learn to edit on the 300 itself but connect usb to computer for saving the new tone and making the tone in there.

Get the amp tone first.

Thanks, i really needed help with those amp channels in the back. Now i can try it out, so atleast during rehearsal i might get something better out of it. And no, i can't ask that friend for help. I will post again when i have something new about this issue. Thank you!

Okay so i got very good news. What I believe is that i got my tone back.. i totally forgot about the studio-live switch.. :D i feel so dumb because i had to struggle months with that and then suddenly I had remembered that i have that switch.. But many thanks for you guys, all the best.

"It sounds like you are going into amp channel input. Best go in power amp in or FX return."

Yeah, thanks for that info aswell. I will use this input from now on!