Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Playing Live

leehillard

Just recieved my FX100 yesterday, Love it, spent about 3 hours saving a bunch of settings to my settings in the App. When I play out live and the club does not offer wifi access, will I be able to access all my saved settings still through the ipad via bluetooth connection? What then are the limitations on the app without wifi connection?

The tones saved under "My Tones" in the app, are saved with your Line 6 account on the cloud, so no, you won't be able to access those with an internet connection. You can, however, store up to 100 presets on the FX100 itself, and you can access and edit those with the app without being connected to the internet.

phil,

I thought I tested this and it seemed a local copy resides on the iOS device.

The app complains it can not access your account, but then all seemed fine.

I will test this again tonite.

But yeah, saving your presets to the hardware eliminates the need for an iOS altogether.

phil,

I thought I tested this and it seemed a local copy resides on the iOS device.

The app complains it can not access your account, but then all seemed fine.

I will test this again tonite.

But yeah, saving your presets to the hardware eliminates the need for an iOS altogether.

It appears you're correct, well at least for the most part. I just put my 5S on airplane mode to check it out, and when I opened the app, the tones were still there. The thing is that I was still logged into the app. If I logout and try to get into the app with being connected to internet, I can't access "my tones".

So I guess perhaps it will work if you were logged in before and didn't log out, you can still get those tones.