Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mod packs suddenly disappeared Line6 PODxt LIVE

NOTE: never have i tried to plug it into a computer.
I am also a bit challenged when it comes to software and stuff. i leave it to my friends to fix my pc tbh.

So while i was practicing the other day, i noticed that some of my Settings weren't sounding the same...

then when i tried to reboot my gear, i noticed that it now shows a message that i have never encountered before

standard model set loaded

is there any way that i can recover it? since those modpacks originally came with the unit right?

much depends on why it stopped working.... if you plug it into a pc and launch monkey and monkey shows ESN 000000 then your security chip went bad and there is no way to recover... other than replacing it (cheaper to buy another used one)

however if monkey shows an ESN with actual numbers and not just 0's you can probably reflash it and get it to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So when you turn the XTL on the packs don't flash on the start up screen? Even after you went through the license manager and made sure the XTL was selected and authorized (this will show what is what as far as whats authorized in the screen)?

If no to the above, you should reflash the unit and start fresh (back up your patches first):

Q: How do I reflash my PODxt unit?
Download and install the latest version of Line 6 Monkey from the following link:

www.line6.com/software

2. Run the Line 6 Monkey program and log into Line 6 Monkey using your Line 6 user name and password. If this is the first time you have run Line 6 Monkey, you will not have driver software installed. Highlight the "Driver" item in the Updates window, and click the Update button on the right. Monkey will lead you through the installation process, which requires you to quit Monkey and possibly restart your machine. See the following link for more information on driver installation.

3: Make sure your PODxt unit is powered on and connected to your computer via a USB 2.0 connection. Monkey should automatically recognize your PODxt and complete the startup sequence. See the following link for USB troubleshooting tips if Line 6 Monkey does not recognize your PODxt unit.

4. On the Updates tab, look to see if your Flash Memory is up to date. If it is out of date, you will see a yellow "yield" sign next to flash memory.

If you need to update (or just want to reset the unit back to factory state for troubleshooting) select "Flash Memory" (it will highlight in blue) and click the "Update Selection/Reinstall Latest" button to the right. Monkey will lead you through the process.

Monkey will give you an option to continue:

Monkey will then ask if you want to keep your presets. If you do not want to keep the presets (or have already backed up your presets), select "no".

Monkey will now update your unit after you select "yes". Be sure to close all other applications and heed the warnings.

You will see the progress bar writing the flash to your unit

Restart your POD XT unit by powering the unit off, then back on.

When the update is complete you will receive a message stating it installed sucessfully.

That should do it.

-B

• 4 months later...

So when you turn the XTL on the packs don't flash on the start up screen? Even after you went through the license manager and made sure the XTL was selected and authorized (this will show what is what as far as whats authorized in the screen)?

If no to the above, you should reflash the unit and start fresh (back up your patches first):

Q: How do I reflash my PODxt unit?

1. Download and install the latest version of Line 6 Monkey from the following link:

www.line6.com/software

2. Run the Line 6 Monkey program and log into Line 6 Monkey using your Line 6 user name and password. If this is the first time you have run Line 6 Monkey, you will not have driver software installed. Highlight the "Driver" item in the Updates window, and click the Update button on the right. Monkey will lead you through the installation process, which requires you to quit Monkey and possibly restart your machine. See the following link for more information on driver installation.

3: Make sure your PODxt unit is powered on and connected to your computer via a USB 2.0 connection. Monkey should automatically recognize your PODxt and complete the startup sequence. See the following link for USB troubleshooting tips if Line 6 Monkey does not recognize your PODxt unit.

4. On the Updates tab, look to see if your Flash Memory is up to date. If it is out of date, you will see a yellow "yield" sign next to flash memory.

If you need to update (or just want to reset the unit back to factory state for troubleshooting) select "Flash Memory" (it will highlight in blue) and click the "Update Selection/Reinstall Latest" button to the right. Monkey will lead you through the process.

Monkey will give you an option to continue:

Monkey will then ask if you want to keep your presets. If you do not want to keep the presets (or have already backed up your presets), select "no".

Monkey will now update your unit after you select "yes". Be sure to close all other applications and heed the warnings.

You will see the progress bar writing the flash to your unit

Restart your POD XT unit by powering the unit off, then back on.

When the update is complete you will receive a message stating it installed sucessfully.

That should do it.

-B

it didn't

im at a loss here..i can't replicate my tones now if i factory reset my pod. since the effect tweak knob isn't working properly anymore

The XTL model packs do not come free except for the FX Junkie and maybe the Power Pack IIRC. The others like the Metal Pack you have to purchase. The Line 6 License Manager has to be run in order to authorize any add-ons.

If the tweak knob is bad you should look into submitting a support ticket and have it repaired by an authorized service center.

-B