Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Split the outputs on HD500?

brywool

good question!

answer: normally yes..

but in the case of the POD it has nothing to do with the FX Loop that you normally find into some amps and which should serve to put some FXs between the pre-amp and power-amp parts of the amp..

the POD FX Loop main purpose is to put some real FXs anywhere in the POD chain (ironically except between the pre and power amp)..

secondarily it can be used as a trick to deviate the signal toward the physical FX Loop Send output instead of the other standard outputs..

EDIT:

thinking more throughly I thought that exists a case where you could have the classic FX Loop between the pre and power amp..

but you would need a real power amp and as a model you should choose a pre-amp version (without cab), therefore in this case putting the FX Loop just after the pre-amp you would get its classic position, so from the Send output the modeled pre-amp signal goes to the real effects, and then to the real power amp, and to eventually add more modeled effect after the real cab in the POD chain your cab should be miked and that signal should pass through the physical FX Loop Return input

Dang, having a hard time following this. I'll see what I can figure out. Once we start talking FX loop, I get confused. Sorry about that.

Okay, so I've tried popping the acoustic sounds over to the FX loop. IT WORKS!

I noticed that there was a lotta hiss coming out  of the amp when I did this (and the acoustic was out the fx send).

I turned the FX loop return down and Voila! It works. 

Thanks for the help it is VERY much appreciated!