Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possibly sending my third and final (ever) JTV back

geez...sorry to hear that, so its a Line 6 QC issue. ...4 of them! yikes...

I got mine from Musicians Friend and it was in the same box, unopened.

It had to have had some type of setup because it was still in tune!

the action is a little lower than Im used to but that's my own issue.

I had a 59 and just couldn't fall in love with it. Too much fiddling and the stock pickups were crap compared to my Gibson pups in 2 other guitars. At first I thought it was great, but the honeymoon was over within a week. Build quality was good though. Good action and frets. Main issue was the actual tone of the guitar. For the money I expected more, so I returned it.

Never played a 69, because I don't like strat style guitars, so I can't comment on that. But if you're spending your hard-earned dough, you deserve to be happy for the outlay of cash.

Every JTV I've ordered (four of them now) have been brand new and unused. The Line 6 tape hadn't even been cut on the box until I got them. I had the same issues years ago when they first came out too so I don't know what's going on. I know some online retailers will do a full setup and inspection for you before they ship but Musician's Friend doesn't do that. I've ordered many guitars from MF and have never had a problem otherwise.

That is bad news and bad luck for you - to have ordered 4 and have such problems with each one - statistically I would have thought that at least one of those would have been a near perfect example.  How did these guitars get past Line6 QC and how can so many lemons be in the same batch from one vendor?  I am thankful that the JTV59 and the JTV69 that I have did not have any such issues.  

The screws on the locking tuners weren't even screwed all the way down ffs. I thought these things were inspected and set up in CA before they go out to retailers?? I don't buy that shipping had anything to do with this either. I have NEVER seen anything like this with any other guitar I have ever purchased.

Not that is matters at this point, but I've never seen this claim anywhere. I don't think they do any sort of inspection in CA. It's probably not technically feasible for them to do that. I imagine all QA is done at the Korean plants.

Personally, my only experience with the Korean JTVs has been with the ones I've seen at GC, and other than some early ones I saw with sharps frets edges, they've seemed to be OK. I have the US version of the 69, and I've never had any issues. It's been my main guitar for a few years now.