Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

outputs on hd500x

richardantonelli

Hey guys

Trying to set up some live patches on my HD500x but running into an issue. I'm using the left 1/4" out right now to go into my laptop interface but I'm only hearing sound on one side. I have the patch's mixer set to center.

When running this live, I'll most likely be giving one 1/4" out to my singer (he runs his own IEM setup) and then usually an XLR out to the front of house mixer. Is this going to mess up what the audience hears? Will they hear only one FOH speaker with guitar or will it sum to both?

Thank you for the reply and I do understand that. However, would that make it only have sound come out of 1 speaker? Shouldn't I hear the summed sound coming out of both?? I'm going 1/4" left out (or right out, doesn't matter) to input 1 on a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 interface that feeds 2 M-Audio monitors. I would think I would hear sound out of both but am only hearing sound out of the left monitor.

Any other time I've run a guitar modeller/fx/etc...it's summed like you said but I'd get sound out of both monitors using only the 1 input as stated above.

It was a setting in the Scarlett which is weird because it's the first piece of gear I had to make this change to hear sound out of both speakers. My Kemper, pod xt, Digitech IPB-10, etc all worked the way I had it using the same setup...one 1/4" output into the interface.

And to answer the previous question, yes I used the same cable with the above mentioned gear...and tried other cables as well.

Thanks for the help guys!