Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clicking noise injected into my tone (Solved)

Brazzy

Wanted to have some fun and play some guitar thru my TonePort UX2 and while I was making a hi gain tone I hear this steady clicking noise. Took me a minute to figure out it was a laptop power supply (not mine) that was located about 2 feet from my guitar. This particular PSU has some awful RF. So out of curiosity I took my laptop PSU which is also 2 feet away from my guitar and put it closer to my pickups and wow this sucker is quiet compared to the other one, must be higher quality.

Hope this helps someone who has a similar problem. Oh. I had to put that clicky PSU 3 feet away from my geetar. :)

Wanted to have some fun and play some guitar thru my TonePort UX2 and while I was making a hi gain tone I hear this steady clicking noise. Took me a minute to figure out it was a laptop power supply (not mine) that was located about 2 feet from my guitar. This particular PSU has some awful RF. So out of curiosity I took my laptop PSU which is also 2 feet away from my guitar and put it closer to my pickups and wow this sucker is quiet compared to the other one, must be higher quality.

Hope this helps someone who has a similar problem. Oh. I had to put that clicky PSU 3 feet away from my geetar. :)

Not your PS, you jammin at the library Brazzo? :)

I hear ya on the RF I would get that once in a while from the ole PC and a lamp with a CFL - maddening I tell ya!

Thanks for the info!

Bill

Not your PS, you jammin at the library Brazzo? :)

I hear ya on the RF I would get that once in a while from the ole PC and a lamp with a CFL - maddening I tell ya!

Thanks for the info!

Bill

In the Library?, lol Not a bad idea, thanks for the idea :).

When I first purchased my PODxt, I had a CRT monitor that wrecked havoc on my sound (yes I a bought a PODxt before an LCD monitor!!).

Took me a while to figure it out because it only happened when if my pups were facing the CRT.

It wasn't a clicking but a harsh amp buzzing/hissing/squealing noise.

But after after a few times of the noise going away when my monitor went to sleep, it finally dawned on me!!

When I first purchased my PODxt, I had a CRT monitor that wrecked havoc on my sound (yes I a bought a PODxt before an LCD monitor!!).

Took me a while to figure it out because it only happened when if my pups were facing the CRT.

It wasn't a clicking but a harsh amp buzzing/hissing/squealing noise.

But after after a few times of the noise going away when my monitor went to sleep, it finally dawned on me!!

Hey Triryche,

I should have metioned there was other noise along with that clicking but the clicking was the most prominent noise. I never used the guitar in front of one those CRT monitors but there's plenty of other things available to mess with our sound, LOL.

I used to pick up CB radios now and again when I lived near a freeway (back in the old days) - always fun. Reminds of the classic tune Beer Breaker :)

That's a big thumbs up "Good Buddy" 10-4 with "4 on the Floor"!!!!!!!!

Old fluorescent lights can also produce noise picked up by guitar pickups.

I remember ones that has had so much RF you didn't need an amplifier to hear it, LOL.