Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Turning off FX in chain disables all volume - normal?

GraemePuttock

This happens even with some of the new presets from the 1.1 update.

I guess my question is, if an fx mod exists in a chain after the amp, should disabling (turning off) that mod reduce all output volume to zero?

This seems to be the case for delay and reverb mods - turning them off (hitting the power icon in the top right) doesn't just disable the effect - it just kills all the volume.

Just as a couple of examples:

Bank 5 preset C (man in the box), turning off delay kills everything.

Bank 9 preset D (master of puppets), amp volume on full, guitar volume on full, turning delay off or reducing mix kills overall output volume.

Is this normal? Is it me not understanding this? I mean, I get that reducing the mix should bring down the output volume slightly, but killing all volume seems wrong? Some presets have their delay deactivated / mix set way down by default, so when you switch to them there is no volume at all?

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I thought.

I did perform a factory reset and reflashed up to version 1.1 when I first noticed this issue, and subsequently updated to 2.0, but the problem still persists.

Do you think this is a duff amp? I bought it B stock from Andertons. I'll try reflashing one more time I guess before I contact them.

I'm wondering if this could possibly have something to do with the speakers. Specifically, I'm wondering if your woofer isn't working. The output from the mod and delay effects is sent to the other speakers, but not the woofer. So perhaps your woofer isn't working and just aren't realizing it?

One way to test this would be to try the headphone out and see if you notice the signal cutting out when you turn the effects off.

• Upvote 1

That's it. Genius. I can't believe I didn't notice that. Just tried headphones - all good, mods disabled without affecting output volume.

Given that and the fact I can't reset it anymore I guess it's going back to Andertons. Thanks a lot for your input and suggestions, it's really appreciated.