Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question About Pod Hd Desktop Outputs?

jmarzjunior

So i was gonna order a pod hd desktop today but i minor problem came up.

When you see the pod hd desktop video on line6 website or look at the specs it says [balanced 1/4-inch outputs] for the speakers and stuff. But when you go under compare it says [unalanced 1/4" Outputs] they even made a wrong spelling iguess. So i went to the manual quick guide and here it says [unbalanced outputs - connect 1/4" cables here to send your sound to guitar amplifier, recorder, mixer or pa system] The weird thing is the desktop is for studio why dosent it say studio monitors?

The thing is i have KRK rokit6 studio monitors with balanced 1/4 TRS inputs and balanced XLR and one unbalanced RCA that i really dont now what its used for.

I used to connect the speakers to my UX2 with balanced 1/4 TRS cables. And i now thats how you connect to most audio interfaces if not all.

So does the POD HD desktop have balanced or unbalanced speakers outputs?

And if unbalanced which cable do i have to get and will it work well with the studio monitors?

I am very confused. Thanks

it can be used with either, for balanced use TRS cables.

I use TRS to XLR cables for my monitors, but plain TRS works if thats what your monitors need.

My monitors use ezoduc.gif TRS balanced.

But why does it say unbalanced one place and balanced another, whats that all about?

No idea why it's like that, but you'd likely want to use unbalanced for an amp, and balanced for monitors, so maybe it's just that way in the context of the implied use?

Ok thanks for quick help. Just to get this right. I can use my balanced cables for connecting the pod hd to studio monitors?

The 1/4" outs on all the beans from every generation of POD are balanced TRS. This is actually one thing Line 6 has been consistent on. Why they have the info wrong in some places, I don't know - probably someone copying and pasting something too quickly.

Even if the 1/4" outs were regular TS connections, it wouldn't hurt anything using unbalanced cables. You just run the risk of more noise over long runs.

The Pro's 1/4" outputs are unbalanced. I think the reasoning is that it (and the HD models) have XLR outputs that are balanced, so if someone wants to use a balanced connection, they would use those. On the bean, the 1/4" outs are the only analog outputs you have.

• Upvote 1

The Pro's 1/4" outputs are unbalanced. I think the reasoning is that it (and the HD models) have XLR outputs that are balanced, so if someone wants to use a balanced connection, they would use those. On the bean, the 1/4" outs are the only analog outputs you have.

Ok thanks thats solves it.