Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PC to Amplifi 150 (firmware updated to support Android) bluetooth non-connectivity

P_J_Doyle

Folks,

As soon as I saw support for Android (w.c. 27th Oct) I've ordered and have taken of delivery of a 150. Oh YES! :-) Well happy apart from one small tiny issue.

Noting one of Sean's video tutorials i.e. that the amp can act as basically as an external PC Bluetooth speaker, I've tried getting such connectivity to work. It singularly fails at the last of 4 driver install hurdles.

So, trawling the documentation online, and taking note of the posting by julioredomero "I can't connect my amplifi 75 to pc by bluetooth" on http://line6.com/support/topic/8060-i-cant-connect-my-amplifi-75-to-pc-by-bluetooth/.... both of us have exactly the same problem.

Lots of advice regarding it being a PC related issue and nothing to do with Line6 or Amplfi, OK, fair play. And so..... I have struggled manfully to uninstall/reinstall Bluetooth driver support on THREE different laptops (2 Samsung (different models) and 1 HP).... all running Win7 and all to no avail. Ive had British Telecom engineers remotely access and trawl over one of the Samsungs for over an hour trying to sort it out. No dice.... they gave up and said contact Line6 for the appropriate driver...... deep joy. :-(. Ive been onto Line6 Europe support, explained, and been informed... its a PC related issue.

So.... lots of finger pointing but no result. 

OBJECTIVE: given what's advertised..... Id like to play some video/music (slowed down - so I can learn the licks) on the PC and have it output on the Amplifi over Bluetooth....

NEXT STEPS: After all the above background information illustrating the problem...... please..... HELP! Can we have a video tutorial that DEMONSTRATES a PC (Win 7 - please) that walks through . . . . step by step . . . . adding a Bluetooth device (Amplifi) to the PC so the PC creature can lob across its sound output to a 150?

Ive spent hours working on this and Id rather spend my out of hours activity playing guitar..... drinking wine..... etc.etc.

Any help and advice will be very, warmly welcome.

Thanks and regards

Peter

Hi there,

Many thanks indeed for your advice on this. Yes, understood; FYI I had disabled bluetooth on my mobile phone (the device hosting the Amplifi Remote App) before trying to get each of the PCs to connect.

Also, the Amplifi 150 possess the latest upgrade to the firmware - in order for the Android mobile phone to communicate in the first place.

Thanks once again for helping out.

Cheers

Peter

• 1 year later...

I see that this is over a year old, but for anyone who may have had a similar issue, I was able to get the amplifi to work on windows 10 after pulling my hair out and trolling the forums for answers.  

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else as it was SUPER simple, but after simply adding the amplifi as a bluetooth device, it wouldn't work, gave me errors.  

I ended up getting it to work by simply going into the windows SOUND properties window and right-clicking on the "AMPLIFI_75_75 Stereo" device and choosing "Disable", then immediately right-clicking and choosing "Enable"...BOOM!  Suddenly worked!  

Hope this helps someone else out there!

-sd 

• 2 years later...

I see that this is WELL over a year old, but sdeverall's approach helped me. :)

I have an Amplifi TT and using Ubuntu 16.04 for streaming music via bluetooth. 
Turned bluetooth off and on again and sound works!

Thanks!

Attila