Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XD-V75TR Dropouts

Hey there!

I own a XD-V75TR for guitar which functions fine - till I turn away from the receiver or someone is standing between transmitter and receiver --> this results in total dropouts (all green lines are gone)! No difference how far I am away.

I first thought the older Line6 systems in our room (Relay G30 & XD-V30TR) were the problem, but it still occurs after updating all of them (first run on RF1, after the Monkey update all run on RF2).

The problem even exists when I turn off the other systems.

I came to the point that something is wrong with my transmitter - because trying the transmitter of my friend's G30 with my V75 receiver works fine!

Did I forgot to check anything else?

Batteries are full.

System is updated.

No WiFi at our rehearsal room.

Transmitter is on the guitar strap, not in my pocket.

No difference between RF1/RF2.

No difference between High/Low.

thx,

Armin!°

I'm not positive from your description ... are you running everything in RF1 mode?  You should unless you can absolutely guarantee there is no wi-fi in the room.  If you cannot maintain that or you just aren't positive then RF1 should work for you.

Turning away (so that you are no longer in line of sight) or having someone stand in the way by themselves shouldn't take you off the air.  They will cut your range some.

So when you are looking at it (straight line of sight) are you getting 3 bar (or better) triangles next to the "A" and "B" in the LCD window?

If you are running in RF1 and you are getting 3 bars or better then you should open a service ticket and get it checked.

Nice to know, but unfortunately not solving my problems.

Set to RF1, all other wireless turned off -> line of sight: No Problem, all bars are there. Turning away: Dropout, no bars.

Furthermore: When you touch the antenna there's also a dropout. Might be broken :/

First I would tell you that when you touch the antenna you detune it, so don't touch it. Likewise do not stick a beltpack in your pocket (for the same reason).

Assuming that you do not have a hardware issue, the only time I ever have any issues running in RF1 mode is when there is some other transmitter very close to it.  Usually that ends up being IEM transmitters in the same rack or a laptop transmitting wi-fi while very close to the receiver.  Another thing to avoid is having the receiver, using the whip antennas closer than 6 feet from a wall as the whip antennas are omni-directional and they could be picking up too many reelections from the wall (considering the other interference conditions that may be present).

r-mean ... Since you are having a problem with only one of three units it is probable that you have a hardware issue and should have it checked out by our service department.

Jefferstein ... my best guess is that you have hit upon an unlucky channel combination in the venue.  Try switching the channels.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have 2 V75s and 1 V70 mounted in my rack at FOH. 5gh running for the Ipad using a apple express router set to 5gh only. This works ok for sound check but when I get 600 cell phones in the room I get lots of drop outs. So should I use RF1 or RF2? By the way I have had this happen outside with no other routers close, and the mic 40 feet from the receiver with line of sight...

My understanding is that Apple Express cannot have the 2.4G shut off so you are likely still running 2.4G along with 5G at the same time.  If you've found a way to shut it off please let us know.

So first I would recommend running all systems in RF1 mode.  

1.  How close is your apple express to the antennas of your receivers?  

2.  Are you using the antenna throughputs to connect the receivers or separate antennas?

3.  Do you have the antenna outs for the V70 receiver terminated.

4.  In your outdoor example is your airport express also OFF?

5.  Are you maintaining constant line of sight between the transmitters and the receivers?

Thanks for your reply.

OK so airport express is a first gen with old software, in setup i chose 5gh only. Router is mounted in rack behind the receivers. Antennas are on the front of the rack.

If I check for networks on my phone I can find 2.4 but no 5gh and this router does not show up. If I check for networks on the macbook pro I can see all networks and their channels. So in the outdoor example there were no 2.4 routers, only a lot of phones.(they don't show up)

Antenna throughputs, = antenna v70 v75 v75 and then terminated. I don't know if this the correct way to do this..... could this be my problem?

And yes to the line of sight,RF2 on that gig.

I was running channels 1 2 and 3, found out tonight that if I use channels 1 3 and 5 it looks to work better. ( I've been playing) but there was no phones tonight , only 3 2.4 routers close by. RF1 tonight

If I use two channels side by side like (1&2) they seam to mess with each other. Does that sound right?

If memory serves, the V75s auto-terminate, so you shouldn't put a terminator on the outputs if it's a V75 at the end of the line.

Antenna throughputs, = antenna v70 v75 v75 and then terminated. I don't know if this the correct way to do this..... could this be my problem?

Try running with V75>V75>V70 with terminator.

Although you may use consecutive Line6 channels, they are never side by side as consecutive Wi-Fi channels are. Also there is no corolation between L6 and Wi-Fi channel numbers.

It sounds like you are double terminating the Antenna inputs. If the V75 is last in the chain then do not use the 50 ohm termination. 

You cannot have an access point in the same rack with the receivers. That is far too powerful a signal too close to the receivers regardless of where the antennas are. This would likely be true with any wireless. switching to 5 GHz in this case is unlikely to fix the problem because the overall RF power from the access point which is plugged into AC power is significantly stronger than a battery operated transmitter. 

The access point should be at least 2 meters away and preferably 2x that. The closer the access point the shorter the range of the transmitters will be.

Ok thanks I will try all of this. One more question, should the channel scan be run on one receiver with the rest of them off? If I have them all on I get mostly all channels busy. Or is this because I have the antennas chained wrong?

Ok did some more testing today. A mic that is on and to close to the receiver will show all channels occupied. Changed to  RF 1. Changed the antennas cables and put the 70 last in the chain and used the terminators there. Working better but still need to do more testing. I did not use them today, I had them on stage and watched the LEDs on the receivers, so I'll put them to work and see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

Walker

• 3 years later...

I have seven  XD-V75 mics setup.  They are all  connected to the line6 antenna distribution unit and it is connected to two unidirectional line6 paddle antennas.  They are all on RF2 mode, but I have tried RF1 before.  I recently updated to firmware using line6 monkey.  I've tried scanning for channels and switching from Hi power to Lo.  I still get signal drop outs on at least two of the mics most of the time.  Even when I turn all of the receivers off and try scanning one at a time, when I scan, usually half of the channels are busy(bars above the channel numbers).  I've tried everything I could think of.  I use these mics in a church.  We have wifi, there are laptops there and everyone has a cell phone.  Plus we're located not far from an Airport.  What else can I do?