Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluetooth & Amplifi App Connection Issues

psanchez72

I have updated to 2.00,(both amp and app) and still face issues with the app connecting to the amp. I find that more and more I have to turn off the amp, turn off bluetooth on my iPhone, turn on bluetooth, turn on amp, and maybe it will connect (the bluetooth always connects, its the app that has issues). I have deleted, reinstalled the Amplifi app a few times now, and while it works for awhile, it seems crazy to do this on a consistent basis. What else can be wrong with this app? Ive had alot of Line 6 products and this is by far my most disappointing experience I have had with their product.  Are their any updates (future)coming to address this issue?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

Have you tested another friend/relative's unit to see if it worked well?

I experienced an issue like this before. It was my actual device that was causing the issue. My connection would drop intermitantly on my ipad, but would work perfectly on my friends identical iPad. I replaced my iPad (under warranty) and never experienced an issue again. Hopefully, you have a friend that you can use as a test to make sure.

I find that more and more I have to turn off the amp, turn off bluetooth on my iPhone, turn on bluetooth, turn on amp, and maybe it will connect (the bluetooth always connects, its the app that has issues). I have deleted, reinstalled the Amplifi app a few times now, and while it works for awhile, it seems crazy to do this on a consistent basis.

You mentioned that you installed and re-installed the App. Did you make sure to "forget" the device in the bluetooth pairing menu? This has cleared things up for me as well several times. Hope it helps.

Hi, guys. Hopefully the video below will help you get better performance from AMPLIFi.

That's a new overview video that goes over some of the concepts surrounding the amp's performance and what could potentially hinder it. We have more videos at http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/amplifi-products/videos/

Environment and your surroundings can play a big part in performance. You could potentially take the same AMPLIFi unit to another location to see it work well, while the same Bose or other BT unit perform poorly.

Updating the amp is always suggested. Those with continued issues should contact our staff at www.line6.com/support for more suggestions.

I to have a Bluetooth disconnect and app crash issue I would like to share with Line 6. I am using a 2nd generation iPad. My new Amplifi 150 is upgraded to Firmware 2.0 and Amplifi App version 2.0.

If I use the Amplifi App with NO other apps open, I have no problem with staying connected to the Amplifi 150 and the app works perfect.

After setting my desired tone in the Amplifi App, If I have the ForScore App open and use it for music and sheet music playback, when I return to the Amplifi App, it crashes and closes. Please note the Amplifi App works perfect and the tone stays set until I return to the Amplifi App. I have to restart the Amplifi App every time.

Can this annoying bug be fixed? Thank you.

Carl.

• 10 months later...

I am also having Bluetooth problems with amp. Right now I'm using fbv shortboard and it doesn't make a difference it cuts out , have to reboot amp. Tried resetting to factory and updating amp still looses connection . Tried with iPhone, iPad . Same results . Been like this since I got it about a year and a half ago tried everything I can think of and been told by line6 . Now they said I should send it in for repairs of course at my cost I said no because this has been a problem since new and have contacted line6 about this time after time. They told me to try update as far as I know 2.10 is the latest update unless I missed something. Waiting to see what there next response is.frustrated!!!

• Upvote 1

I am also having Bluetooth problems with amp. Right now I'm using fbv shortboard and it doesn't make a difference it cuts out , have to reboot amp. Tried resetting to factory and updating amp still looses connection . Tried with iPhone, iPad . Same results . Been like this since I got it about a year and a half ago tried everything I can think of and been told by line6 . Now they said I should send it in for repairs of course at my cost I said no because this has been a problem since new and have contacted line6 about this time after time. They told me to try update as far as I know 2.10 is the latest update unless I missed something. Waiting to see what there next response is.frustrated!!!

Firmware version 2.50.2 was released today (about 3 hours ago).  Seems to solve most of the bluetooth disconnect issues.

I am getting angry now I bought a amplify 150 within a week it had to be sent back because it kept crashing I received a new one and 3 weeks later it crashed again tried everything to resolve this so the new one has gone back as well now. they sent a replacement but not the 150 they sent out a 75 and the Bluetooth doesn't work now within the app everything is updated I have followed every instruction and still no I tried other devices but still no what is wrong with this company! nothing works its a pile crap never will ever buy another product from line 6 ever again I now recommend to anyone I know in the music industry never to buy line 6 products and I now will take it further and go for compensation I have now lost money from venues because I have not been able to play on stage with the amp mic'd up not once did I ever have this problem with my Vox or my Marshall. sort your selves out Line6 your product is shocking!!! do you not think of young artists starting of with no money they cant afford big jcm800s or orange amps so they buys these amplifi150s etc and then to be let down by line6 because they cant build a decent amp that will work everytime you turn it on.

After latest firmware update which claimed to address Bluetooth connection issues I am unable to connect. Wtf! Only had this amp a few weeks and now seriously hacked off with it and line6. It connects but as soon as I open the amplifi remote app it disconnects. A truly awful product. Where I come from the Sale Of Goods Act says a product must be fit for its intended purpose and this is most certainly not..

• 1 year later...

I own the amplifi 75. When I first got it, back in 2015, it worked great but over time the bluetooth connection has become crap. I keep updating the amplifier, but whenever I start a song via my phone that is connected to the amplifer,i it keeps on lagging, sounding like lollipop. Very, very irritating. I will never buy a device from amplifie again.

^^^

I'd ask for your money back even now as the item is unfit for purpose.

I do however wonder how much may be down to firmware on the iOS or android devices that get continually updated and perhaps interfering with the apps?

Either way line 6 should take responsibility and be more honest with its customers. I've returned my 75 but would buy again if they gave a definite fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. Started off not too bad but has gotten worse. Tried using it just to stream music from my iPod touch on the weekend, was cutting out from 1 ft away!!!! WTF! I have a Sony SRS-XB3 portable Bluetooth speaker and it craps all over the Amplifi, embarrassingly so! I can walk all over the house with my device in my pocket and it still works. How can this be? lollipop poor.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Folks,

I know this thread is old but I'd like to offer my solution to the intermittent connectivity of the Amplifi-75.... Possibly other Amplifi models...

I recommend that anytime you update your Apple IOS or Android system, go to your device (iPhone iPad or Android) bluetooth settings and UNPAIR your Amplifi and then RESTART the (IOS or Android) device....

After your (IOS or Android) device has restarted go back to bluetooth settings and verify your device has "forgotten" the Amplifi-75 or other model that was previously listed as a paired device...

Turn on the Amplifi device wait 30 seconds for it to settle and THEN press the bluetooth button on the Amplifi. It will flash --then flash faster if you hold it down... release the button...

Your (IOS or Android) device should "see" the Amplifi . Select the Amplifi device to pair your (IOS or Android) with it... Enjoy NON-intermittent connections!

Do this anytime your have to do a system update of your (IOS or Android) device... 

Where did I come up with this? I noticed one day that my car, of all things, kept forgetting my "voice" call programming that it had previously memorized after my Android phone received a system update.... I had to reset the bluetooth connections....

It's not the Amplifi it's our screwed up (iPhones iPads and Android) devices....

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the above, and multiple iterations of the above.  It is 1/25/2018.  No effect.  One of the reasons I bought this amp is for its connectivity.  I know iOS updates a lot but I do not have this trouble with ANY of the other devices I link via bluetooth, so I have to imagine it IS a problem at Line 6, or perhaps a problem BETWEEN Line 6 and Apple.   Regardless, and unfortunately, it has led to frustration for me and now an unwillingness to purchase any more of their products.  If they cannot fix the simple things, the complex must be overwhelming.  

• 5 months later...

Hi guys. I think I just found theSOLUTION for this annoying bug: JUST FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE and DO NOT EVER SAVE A TONE TO THE DEVICE.

Here's the step by step guide:

• Push and Hold "TONE" and "VOLUME knob".
  • Turn it on without releasing the 2 controls.
  • As soon as you see a single flashing light (on the tone LEDs) you can release the 2 buttons.
  • Now you did a factory reset, which means that you'll loose any tone you saved to the device and reset any setting you set there. The firmware version is kept.
  • Just in case: go to your phone / bluetooth settings and forget "Amplifi" connection. Delete the app.
  • Reinstall app, turn on the device and re-pair it long pressing the bluetooth button on the device, etc.
  • Login to your account in Amplifi remote

Now you can smile again, and stop swearing to those guys at Line6.

But remember: NEVER EVER DARE TO USE THE SAVE TONE "FEATURE" TO DEVICE.... 

Foot note: This is happening in Firmware 2.60. In my opinion it's UNBELIEVABLE and UNACCEPTABLE that after 2+ years Line 6 did not manage to fix this properly. It should be a piece of cake for any decent developer. 

My suggestion to Line6: Why don't you open source the code if are not able to mantain it with a minimum of decency?

Thanks.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, irius said:

Hi guys. I think I just found theSOLUTION for this annoying bug: JUST FACTORY RESET THE DEVICE and DO NOT EVER SAVE A TONE TO THE DEVICE.

Here's the step by step guide:

• Push and Hold "TONE" and "VOLUME knob".
  • Turn it on without releasing the 2 controls.
  • As soon as you see a single flashing light (on the tone LEDs) you can release the 2 buttons.
  • Now you did a factory reset, which means that you'll loose any tone you saved to the device and reset any setting you set there. The firmware version is kept.
  • Just in case: go to your phone / bluetooth settings and forget "Amplifi" connection. Delete the app.
  • Reinstall app, turn on the device and re-pair it long pressing the bluetooth button on the device, etc.
  • Login to your account in Amplifi remote

Now you can smile again, and stop swearing to those guys at Line6.

But remember: NEVER EVER DARE TO USE THE SAVE TONE "FEATURE" TO DEVICE.... 

Foot note: This is happening in Firmware 2.60. In my opinion it's UNBELIEVABLE and UNACCEPTABLE that after 2+ years Line 6 did not manage to fix this properly. It should be a piece of cake for any decent developer. 

My suggestion to Line6: Why don't you open source the code if are not able to mantain it with a minimum of decency?

Thanks.

Good solution.

Pretty sad you cannot save a tone.  The whole point of the amp is to do that for recall. 

Since Line 6 does not monitor this forum, it is clear the customer experience is not on their list of priorities. Why we still give them business escapes me. 

1. They don't comment or bother to see user problems, suggestions, or questions.

2. They do not keep main replacement parts in stock. Okay, maybe they don't have the space anymore to do so, but wait 3 - 4 weeks from overseas?

3. Slow to respond. Unless you call them, emails, and shipping takes a long time. If you do call, most responses are "send it to a repair facility".  What happend to troubleshooting lately?  

• 2 months later...

I just got an Amplifi TT & can"t get it to work !

When I first downloaded the app it said I had to do a firmware update before using it.

3 times I tried this & each time after over an hour of updating the bluetooth connection dropped & I got a message saying update failed.

Now when I turn the TT on all 4 of the tone leds flash continuously & also the bluetooth light flashes continuously for a while then goes off ? 

Also there is no light around the vol/blend knob irrespective of where I turn it ?

Nothing on the TT works & now my phone says it can"t connect to the TT.

8 hours ago, headlight1 said:

I just got an Amplifi TT & can"t get it to work !

When I first downloaded the app it said I had to do a firmware update before using it.

3 times I tried this & each time after over an hour of updating the bluetooth connection dropped & I got a message saying update failed.

Now when I turn the TT on all 4 of the tone leds flash continuously & also the bluetooth light flashes continuously for a while then goes off ? 

Also there is no light around the vol/blend knob irrespective of where I turn it ?

Same happened to me . I installed the update on the computer . It wouldn’t work with the 2.6 update . Somehow I was able to get it back to the 2.10 and it worked . Hopefully it stays that way 

I have now downloaded the Line6 updater as advised on the Line6 website & tried to carry out the update as per their instructions.

When the programme says select device to update there are no devices shown to update.

I check in my computer settings & it shows that the TT is connected to my computer but says driver error ?

This is a new computer running windows 10 &  a new lead I bought to go between the TT & computer.

• 2 months later...

I purchased this amp to use for practicing at home. I chose the 120W model because it has a 12” speaker. I like to play a lot of (very) dropped tunings, so having a larger woofer helps with low frequency response. For reference, the low C of drop C is ~65Hz and drop-A tuning on a 7-string goes down to 55Hz. Low E on a bass is about 41Hz.

My biggest fear was the amp would be too loud for practicing without being obnoxious to anyone else in the room. Prior Line 6 amps I have owned had basically two volumes: silent and loud, with the volume knob just piling on loudness.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feel like I should jump in here, since I was having problems recently and couldn't find a solution on these forums or any. 

I bought a used Amplifi 75 last summer, with the floorboard for 175$ on eBay. Seemed like an ok gamble for what I had read suffered from spotty connection issues. Worst case scenario I could sell the floorboard and use the speaker in my Trinity amp build, I figured.

Anyway, the thing worked great for months, until maybe November or so. I was busy with work and just didn't have the time or motivation to play.

I powered it up a few weeks ago and simply could not get it to connect to my iPhone XS. I made the phone forget the connection, re-installed the Amplifi remote app, did multiple reboots of both the amp and phone to no avail. I figured one of the multiple updates to my phone had made the app or connection protocol obsolete, since Line6 hasnt updated the app or firmware in years.

So I chalked it up as a loss, again figuring to salvage the speaker and sell the rest for parts.

Then I had to redo the electrical in my playing/work room, and the amp sat unplugged for a while. 

Out of the blue today I figured I would give the thing one more try, since I did love the sheer multitude of effects and sounds the amp provided in such a small package. To my surprise, the first attempt at connection was a success. And, it stayed connected for the better part of an hour, with both my son and I taking turns playing. 

I don't know if the days spent without connection to the mains allowed something to reset inside the amp, or if it had a premonition of being sold for parts, but the damn thing decided to work and work well at that.

Just thought I should share this for anyone who is having connection issues: unplug the thing for a few days and threaten to take it apart, and it might just start working as it should!

Side note: this will be my last Line6 product. I've been with them since the Pod 2.0, but this last experience has made it clear to me that the long-term support of their products is non-existent. For a professional who swaps gear every 3 months, that's fine, but for extended ownership, it is clear that Line6 is not the way to go.