Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gearbox&Pod Farm 1, won't install on OSX Yosemite. Help please.

I have an early Tone Port UX1 and can't use it with OSX Yosemite. Pod Farm1 and Gearbox don't work with this version. Is Line 6 releasing a fix for this soon or authorizing a free upgrade to Pod Farm 2.58? I need a solution ASAP, I use the Tone Port frequently and have a client recording date coming up in a few days that I need to use this on. Help please. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I managed to install and run gearbox successfully on Yosemite.... 

The solution is a follows:

• Download and open Gearbox 3.72.dmg
  • Right click the GearBox.mpkg icon
  • Left click 'Show Package Contents'
  • Double click 'Contents' folder
  • Double click 'Packages' folder
  • You should now see 10 individual packages... Install each one

Note: If you previously installed other Line 6 software with a newer driver, it will not allow you to install the drivers in this package... You will need to uninstall the newer drivers first, then you should be good to go. Search the forum for details on how to uninstall the drivers using command prompt. Someone else posted instructions on how to do this... They also suggested another driver to use... I tried to install that one first and it wouldn't let me, so I ended up installing the drivers from the from the GearBox package above...

Anyway, I am running Yosemite 10.10.1 on a MacBook Pro Retina, with a POD X3 Live, and so far it is working fine... No panic attacks... I was able to create and upload a tone to one of my user presets... 

By the way, before this, I did update the firmware on the X3 using a a separate version of Monkey that I had downloaded previously. I am not sure if this have any relevance with regard to MAC and the X3 playing nicely together once I reinstalled the old drivers.

I did the same, and it couldn't install the first things in the list of packages.. Start at the bottom with the actual POD Farm package itself and don't worry too much about the top ones... You can update them through Monkey.??

Im hoping this get me going. It seems to have got the earlier Farm running on my Yosemite.

• Upvote 1

I did the same, and it couldn't install the first things in the list of packages.. Start at the bottom with the actual POD Farm package itself and don't worry too much about the top ones... You can update them through Monkey.??

Im hoping this get me going. It seems to have got the earlier Farm running on my Yosemite.

• 3 months later...